Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Sims 2 University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have spent days trying to install my Sims 2 university. It worked perfectly fine on my old computer, but whenever I try to install it on here, it comes up with an error about retrieving "TSData\TheSims08.package" (or something similar... I'll check)

I thought originally it was because the disk was scratched. Made a copy - no different. Then I tried downloading the files onto my computer and running it without a disk, like the Sims website suggested. Nothing. Tried searching for the file on Google - nothing.

Is there anyone who has any idea what it can be? I admit I've lost my manual, so am using a serial number off the web, but I've tried two different ones, and they've both been accepted, and installation has started fine - it just crashes at this one file.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, i would say try a different Drive, but you said you've downloaded and no luck?

have you removed all traces of The sims, and tryed from scratch?
  • Options
    Only the first time I did it, this is a new laptop so it's never had it on here before.

I don't have any other computer to try it on unfortunetly :(
  • Options
    Can the laptop handle The sims?
  • Options
    Yeah it plays The Sims 2 flawlessly.

I've just bought another expansion pack, but am apprehensive to try to install it incase University has corrupted anything. On the other hand, I'm wondering if installing this game might have the file it's missing so in the way, help me. I'm so confused. I've had the game about a year now - I'm quite sure I bought the University expansion with my birthday money last year, and I've just used birthday money to buy my new one!
  • Options
    Try with the new expansion and see what happens - a failed install shouldn't be able to do any permanent damage to the proper install, and like you say, may help fix the problem.
  • Options
    Yeah I'll try when I get home I think, and if it all goes pear-shaped, I'll come back and beg for more advice haha.

I'm going to have a good rummage through my drawers for the original serial number too - even though I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem, as I've used an online serial number for it before, if my memory is right.