Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Funny wooshing sounds in my ear :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
recently i can hear a wooshing noise in my left ear which is in time with my heartbeat. It feels like ive stuck my head underwater+i need to tilt my head on its side to relieve the feeling - but this doesnt work!
it drives me mad...especially at night!
im going to buy some optrex ears drop things....but does anybody else have any ideas as to what this could be? If the drops dont work i think il go to the doctors about it...as maybe i need my ears syringing???
any home remedies?
thanx

Comments

• Options
    hmm, maybe its an ear infection ? had one when i was younger and i think had to have ear drops or something .. and yeah mine was worse at night too.

Theres also that ear problem called tinitus (spelling?) but i think thats different, get that from loud music, concerts etc.
  • Options
    i thought tinitus was like a ringing/buzzing in your ear?
    i dont think its that its worse at night...its just that i hear it more because its silent wen im laying in bed trying to sleep.
  • Options
    recently i can hear a wooshing noise in my left ear which is in time with my heartbeat. It feels like ive stuck my head underwater+i need to tilt my head on its side to relieve the feeling - but this doesnt work!
    it drives me mad...especially at night!
    im going to buy some optrex ears drop things....but does anybody else have any ideas as to what this could be? If the drops dont work i think il go to the doctors about it...as maybe i need my ears syringing???
    any home remedies?
    thanx
    lol I had that. Did you get it after a shower?

I had my ears syringed at the Doctors and it went.
  • Options
    i just oke up one morning and it was happening...although it died down for abit.
    what is ear syringing like? painful?
  • Options
    i just oke up one morning and it was happening...although it died down for abit.
    what is ear syringing like? painful?
    I loved it, it was like an orgasms for the ear.

You need to put olive oil in your ears for 7 days prior to the syringing. This loosens up the wax.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I had that not long ago, its extremely annoying. I did not seek for any treatment and just put up with it, mine went away after a week so i suggest if you want it sorted go doccys :D