Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

tobacco/alcohol laws

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If this new law gets passed where UKers can buy fags and booze from abroad via the net or phone, does this mean that you could sell this stuff in the UK via the web?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6140836.stm

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I remember a while ago a site used to operate round about Glasgow, you could log on at any time of the night (ie, parties at 3am), order a shitload of booze, and have them deliver it to you there and then. They tried to get round the licensing issues by taking credit card orders only, and not actually billing you until regular licensing hours the next day.

    It's shut down now, though :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kiezo wrote:
    I remember a while ago a site used to operate round about Glasgow, you could log on at any time of the night (ie, parties at 3am), order a shitload of booze, and have them deliver it to you there and then. They tried to get round the licensing issues by taking credit card orders only, and not actually billing you until regular licensing hours the next day.

    It's shut down now, though :(
    We've got something like that round here, not used it yet though
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kiezo wrote:
    I remember a while ago a site used to operate round about Glasgow, you could log on at any time of the night (ie, parties at 3am), order a shitload of booze, and have them deliver it to you there and then. They tried to get round the licensing issues by taking credit card orders only, and not actually billing you until regular licensing hours the next day.

    It's shut down now, though :(

    There are quite a few of these sorts of services in London who you can phone up at any time of the day or night.

    As to the law change, its not happening, you still have to go to the continent to get your fags and booze cheap.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doofay wrote:
    We've got something like that round here, not used it yet though
    yep we have that in manc and leeds.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Makoto wrote:
    If this new law gets passed where UKers can buy fags and booze from abroad via the net or phone, does this mean that you could sell this stuff in the UK via the web?

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6140836.stm

    By the time you posted this, it had already been refused...
Sign In or Register to comment.