Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oblivious

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm utterly crap at picking up signals with the opposite sex.
My mates are always like "He likes you" but I shrug it off as I don't see it.
But yesterday in one of my lessons this guy I know was playing footsie with me under the table, was always in contact with me at some point, putting his legs against mine under the table, tickling me etc.
Reckon he likes me?
He's probably just being friendly.

Comments

• Options
    __tink wrote:
    I'm utterly crap at picking up signals with the opposite sex.
    My mates are always like "He likes you" but I shrug it off as I don't see it.
    But yesterday in one of my lessons this guy I know was playing footsie with me under the table, was always in contact with me at some point, putting his legs against mine under the table, tickling me etc.
    Reckon he likes me?

Is he like that with anyone else, or is it just you? From what you've said there, I would say he does, unless he is one of those people who is always flirting with everyone.
  • Options
    He's quite shy but I have no idea if hes like that with other people.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    He's quite shy but I have no idea if hes like that with other people.

Well if hes usually quite shy, then I'd say yes, he does like you, from what you've said :)
  • Options
    I would certainly not do that to a woman unless I was trying to woo her.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I would certainly not do that to a woman unless I was trying to woo her.
    :flirt:

Yeah, you know what? I learnt a lot about body language by watching Trisha.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    Of course he likes you. That's about as subtle as clubbing you over the head and bringing you back to his cave.

Incidentally, I personally have learned to never trust my male friends when it comes to the whole "she likes you" thing. My female friends are a bit more reliable, but my bloke mates just don't have a clue. It's usually, "She commented on your shoes. She likes you." or "She didn't smack you in the face when you said hello. She's well into you."
  • Options
    Larrrrfing! So true...!
  • Options
    Yeah, you know what? I learnt a lot about body language by watching Trisha.

I'm not sure how to respond to that, I cant watch Trisha its too grim, its far more depressing than watching the news.
  • Options
    I :heart: Trisha
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    I :heart: Trisha

But the people on it are so unremitingly grim, its like looking into how the Daily Mail imagines the future.
  • Options
    Anyway..
    I told him I liked him. He quite likes me too.. so he says. But he doesnt want a relationship with someone he sees nearly everyday because theres nothing to look forward to.. apparently. If he liked me that wouldn't bother him.
  • Options
    agreed....that does seem abit wierd. surely if you're in a relationship, 1 of the poiints is you spend alot of time with that person?
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    Anyway..
    I told him I liked him. He quite likes me too.. so he says. But he doesnt want a relationship with someone he sees nearly everyday because theres nothing to look forward to.. apparently. If he liked me that wouldn't bother him.

Men are so unfathomable, you're better off without them.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    Anyway..
    In other words, he wants to pull you at the christmas party, but he doesn't want to have to buy you a present.
  • Options
    But he wants a relationship at the moment.. just clearly not with me. It would of been easier if he just told me honestly what he thought.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I'm not sure how to respond to that, I cant watch Trisha its too grim, its far more depressing than watching the news.
    Yeah but sometimes they have body language experts in.

I have difficulty with body language, so what I do is study people on talk shows, documentaries or in the streets. How they react to things... See cinema is too acted out, not as natural.

Sadly enough, trashy talk shows have helped me a lot.