Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Personal Issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hang on I have called this thread personal issue and I am posting it on a message board, am I crazy?! lol anyway here goes.

We are going months back, went to the doctor complaining of pains in the nether regions, she assumed it was thrush gave me a pill and that was that. But it wasn't because the pill did nothing to help it. Went back, and a more helpful doctor this time took some swabs and took a urine sample. The doctor phoned me saying that the swab had shown nothing but the urine sample had showed up a slight infection. That was that, I suppose I should have made another appointment to go back but it seemed to go away and me being stupid me left it.

Anyhow, now the little bugger seems to have come back. I tried to make an appointment this morning but none free so looks like I wil have to wait until wednesday. Am I being silly about nothing? I just want to be able to wake up in the morning and not worry about if i am going to be suffering with this uncomfortable pain all day.

Anyone have any guesses on what the doctor will say / do when i do finally force myself to get an appointment?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe some more tests, probably some tablets to help clear it up.

I'm prone to water infections, due to problems when I was little, and the best thing I can recommend is water - gallons of the stuff. You feel rather bloated but it really helps to start clearing your system through.
  • Options
    If you want to possibly get seen sooner, or see an expert you could try your local GUM clinic, they don't just do STIs and it sounds like you're in their field of expertise.

Like Nikke said more tests, probably an examination.
  • Options
    Sounds great lol just makes me want to run ahead and book that appointment NOT!!

I will make it for wednesday afternoon, the thing is I will only see a female doctor otherwise i feel really uncomfortable so it really limits down the chances and times of getting an appointment. But hey!
  • Options
    id phone up again and say you need an emergency appointment. UTIs are no fun and can quickly get to your kidneys if untreated so youve got good reason to get a quicker appt.
  • Options
    UTIs are no fun and can quickly get to your kidneys if untreated

:yes:
  • Options
    Yeah it does sound fun, fun, fun. But think of it as worth it for getting rid of the pain. :thumb:
  • Options
    id phone up again and say you need an emergency appointment. UTIs are no fun and can quickly get to your kidneys if untreated so youve got good reason to get a quicker appt.

Well its been untreated for months and months, and if anything it has got better and better as time as gone on. Probably festering away somewhere doing inside damage. Will wait until I have fineshed my period then go, don't fancy having an examination whilst being on!! *cringe*