Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

If there was a cartoon of Muhammad with an erection...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No comment

You're writing in riddles now.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Quite the opposite actually. Neo-cons essentially believe in a secular economic liberal world which is all part of the great globalisation scheme. Contrary to what people might think, it's an idealist philosophy, what's good for them is good for us. They thought that they could overthrow Sadam, install a democracy and that would help freer trade between the two countries (so the whole issue of oil must not be discounted.) Unfortunately, it all went belly up because it's these are the sort of ideals that really the Middle East don't want, their ideas of sovereignty are much stronger than ours, hence the hell hole Iraq is today.

Right wing Christain philosophy doesn't really play a part here.

I'd disagree with you there. I think Christian Zionism has quite a major part to play.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'd disagree with you there. I think Christian Zionism has quite a major part to play.

It does have a minor part to play but not a major one, think of this: What benefits the US more? Economic benefits (since oil is already running out) or the protection of Israel (which costs the US something like £3 billion a year as it is)?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    *yawn*

Well done Kermit - being taking lessons from Blagsta?
  • Options
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49925

Jesus_cross2.jpg

(Image censored by the above source).

There would have been riots. Just a good thing it's not Muhammad really or the university might have been burnt down.
    And what's the problem, exactly?

I suppose I could ask some muslims what their thoughts are on auto (or not so auto) erotic experiences. Mohamed, so far as I know, was never put to death, so the issue has never come up, so to speak...
  • Options
    Well done Kermit - being taking lessons from Blagsta?
    No, I did the UBB code all by myself. Aren't I clever?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    No, I did the UBB code all by myself. Aren't I clever?

Yes. Do you want a pat on the head?
  • Options
    I'd settle for you saying something other than "its all the fault of the communeeeests" for once :)
  • Options
    What's the point of this thread

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106406

or this

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106381

or this

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106589

or this

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102807

I could go. But Dis isn't the only person who starts a thread to make a political point is he?
    No, but he's (just about) the only one who has to manufacture a political point where one doesn't exist, Coulter-style. Run, run, run awaaaay, the PC Brigade are coming today... :crazyeyes No, wait, what's that in the sky..? Is it a bird? Is it a Qassam rocket? No, it's Dis, to save us all from failing to see that big picture... Praise the Lord and pass the extreme rendition papers...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'd settle for you saying something other than "its all the fault of the communeeeests" for once :)

OK, as I said earlier, its probably a pretty accurate representation of what happens when someone is cruxified, so the original article is a mountain out of a molehill.

Though given the pictures were published by a left-wing student publication in an attempt to 'provoke dialogue' after publication by another student newspaper of the Mohammed cartoons I'm not sure that I'm missing the nail's head by too much by referring to certain elements of the left as reactionary zealots. I'm sure they're all not like that, but there does seem to be a disturbing minority.

(I've probably spoiled the first line of my answer now haven't I?:nervous: )
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocking: That's from the college paper in my home town! Pretty good read actualy. I remeber reading some of the letters that were sent into their office after they published that.:thumb: