Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Spotting when taking the pill through your period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
SO, my girlfriend is taking the pill through her period right now. She was suppose to take her last pill last friday. Today she had some spotting. Is this normal when you take the pill through your period? ALso, this makes me feel much better about her being pregnant. The reason is (although correct me if i am wrong) that if she is still bleeding some she WOULD have had her period had she not taken the pill right through it?

Sorry if this seems a little hard to understand, i dont really know how to explain it that well. If you dont understand my question let me know and i will try and restate it.

Comments

• Options
    !!!!!!!
  • Options
    ^^^^^ ?

i didnt spot, but its different strokes for different folks as far as pills and hormones are concerned
  • Options
    mike is always convinced his gf is pregnant and will use any ailment that she might has as a sign for her being pregnant.

yes, some people will get some spotting. it does not mean she is pregnant.
  • Options
    mike is always convinced his gf is pregnant and will use any ailment that she might has as a sign for her being pregnant.

yes, some people will get some spotting. it does not mean she is pregnant.
    i think what he is saying is that because she is spotting, he is less convnced that the tummy pains and lack of appetite she is experiencing, is due to pregnancy because she is having a bleed

i dont think he was saying that because she`s spotting he think she`s preggas

correct me if i`m wrong mike...
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    The reason is (although correct me if i am wrong) that if she is still bleeding some she WOULD have had her period had she not taken the pill right through it?

this bit makes me think he's still thinking about it. ;)

in general it's just mikes constant paranoia about his girlfriend that i think he needs help with. plenty of people have suggested he seeks advice from his doctor about this yet he has neglected to do so.
  • Options
    this bit makes me think he's still thinking about it. ;)
    why? :confused:

he is saying that if she hadnt taken the pill through, she`d have had a proper period, which would suggest she isnt pregnant
  • Options
    Happens. Happened to me once for a whole month, but only because I messed it up with the first pill of the second pack.

If you don't mess it up it should be fine.
  • Options
    Mike I think you need to chill out, it's commendable that you're so concerned for your girlfriend's welfare but maybe the furthest extent of your input should be encouraging her to know her own menstrual cycle, and by extension her own body. There is no "normal" way for a woman's cycle to run its course and we can all be affected very differently by taking hormonal contraceptives; especially during initial usage, and you didn't say how long she'd been on the pill for.

If she herself is concerned or in any pain I would suggest she made an appointment with her GP or practice nurse, otherwise it would be a good idea for her to keep an eye on things and seek medical advice if anything else seemingly abnormal happens.
  • Options
    littleali is correct. THe fact that she was spotting made me think that she was NOT pregnant. I dont know too much about how this stuff works thats why i come here to ask because you all seem like intelligent people.

Just a little background, she has been on the pill for about 6 monthes now i think. BUT she just changed her pill for the first time. So she took the last pill from her old brand, and instead of waiting out her period to start the new brand, she just started taking it right away. Her doctor recomended this.
  • Options
    well why are you worried then?

read what briggi said and take note of it - she says what i mean just words it better. ;)
  • Options
    Spotting isn't unusual when you run two packs together.

It should also serve to reassure you she's not pregnant.

:thumb: