Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Which city to visit?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello,

You can indeed by a 3 day travel card - just go to the tube staion and get a 3 day one for zones 1 & 2 on your first day. You will however need to pay for the train from Stanstead. Depending where you are staying it might be easier for you to get of at Tottenham Hale and get the Victoria line into central london as Liverpool street where the train is quite far east compared to where most of the touristy places are.

In terms of going out - your best bet is to buy a copy of a magazine called Time Out that lists nearly all the club nights for the whole of London and is really useful and as there are soooo many club nights going on at any one time it gives you some good pointers as where there might be the type of music you like. However the weekend you are coming is the quietest weekend in the year as its just after christmas, therefore whilst you might find it easy to get into bars and clubs etc they may very well be empty.

I'm not really that up on whats open until when since they changed the licencing laws but each pub and bar and club has a different opening time now - but in general Pubs are usually open until about midnight, bars till 1 or 2 and clubs some till 3 but on the weekends many are open untill 6 or 7 or even later.....
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks a lot for all the good advises! :thumb:

Next week I'll be there finally, I'm so looking forward to it! :yippe: