Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Stress, or something worse?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok well, i have talked about how my girlfriend has had stomach pains before. Today, she gave me a description better than any she has given before and i thought i would ask you guys if it sounds like anything in particular.

She didnt eat lunch at the normal time of 12:00, so at 2:30 we went to subway. She was starving. She was really upset because in school today she had a little trouble with a professor. She says she feels like she can't do anything right. But so she was hungry and we went to eat. She started crying and was very upset. She has a lot of work to do, and the show we are currently preforming. She got a Tuna salad (she usually gets a tuna sandwich, wrap, or salad). She started eating and said it tasted horrible and only at about half of it and said he stomach hurt. Then when we went outside she was still crying and she said, "my stomach pain is like acid. I was so hungry but then when i tried it burned when i swallowed. Its even hard to breathe right now."

So that is the most information she has ever given me on a stomach pain. Do you have any ideas on what this could be? is it just stress or is there something else there?

Comments

• Options
    Even if it is just stress, a trip to the doctors might be in order just to make sure she's OK - stress can have some shocking effects on the body sometimes, it depends how a person handles it.

It could just be a stomach bug, but since you've mentioned her having these pains a while ago, I think the doctors are going to be better than we are at diagnosing her.
  • Options
    TBH I think your both need counseling. Your both under an enormous amount of stress it seems, so I would organise a session.

I think your worrying about the slightest things like tuna salad and whatnot. Was she pregnant after all?
  • Options
    I dont know if she is pregnant. We have not had her tested yet. She has not told me she is worried about anything of the sort so i want to wait until our show is done so if so some crazy reason she is, that it wont stess her out even more with the show. She had her period last month so if she is im assuming she cant be more than a month pregnant.

Also, at the moment she just started a new form of birth control. She should be on her period now but the doctor told her just to start her new birth control and skip the period.

I was also wondering if taking the pull right through your period can have any harmful side effects. The one thing that i still worry about is that she has gained a little weight recently, it scares me, but im doing better at worrying less!
  • Options
    go to the bloody doctors!!!!!

i don't see why you post here in all fairness.

the general consensus is that you get yourself/ves to the doctors about this but you still haven't been. why?

i get tummy ache all the time and i certainly don't have one in the oven.

eta: and to be honest you're probably stressing her out thus giving her tummy ache!
  • Options
    sounds like shes pregnant! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    The stomach aches could be trapped wind. Might explain why she keeps running away every now and again.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    sounds like shes pregnant! :crazyeyes

don't say that! :o
  • Options
    we dont have time to go to the doctor until sunday. Im pretty sure im not stessing her out. She gets stressed about a lot of things but i dont think im one of them. But i also asked her to go to the doctor, and she said no.

She says that she is just the kind of person who gets tummy aches a lot and not to worry about it.
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    I dont know if she is pregnant. We have not had her tested yet. She has not told me she is worried about anything of the sort so i want to wait until our show is done so if so some crazy reason she is, that it wont stess her out even more with the show. She had her period last month so if she is im assuming she cant be more than a month pregnant.

Also, at the moment she just started a new form of birth control. She should be on her period now but the doctor told her just to start her new birth control and skip the period.

I was also wondering if taking the pull right through your period can have any harmful side effects. The one thing that i still worry about is that she has gained a little weight recently, it scares me, but im doing better at worrying less!

The likelyhood of her being pregnant is like 0.000001% (not an exact figure, just getting my point across :)) since you've said before, you use hormonal and barrier contraceptives. She also had her period last month, and you have no proof she wouldn't of had it this month if it wasn't for changing her pill. Weight gain is also associated with the pill. I put on 3 stone (which is why I came off it) but most people put on a few pounds.

The pill could be what is giving her stomach ache, in which case she still needs to go to the doctors. It could be stress, or it could be some for of stomach bug.

Tbh, if she's not worried about being pregnant, I don't know why you should be - surely she's going to notice signs of being pregnant before you are? Plus, if she is pregnant, and she's having burning stomach pains she needs to get checked out anyway. I sincerley doubt it is though.
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    we dont have time to go to the doctor until sunday.

YOU POSTED FIRST ABOUT THIS AGES AGO!!!!!

*takes a deep breath*
  • Options

*takes a deep breath*
    Perhaps you expecting. ;)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Perhaps you expecting. ;)

shhh don't tell anyone. ;)
  • Options
    If you don't have time to go to the doctor, then maybe you should call NHS Direct (0845 4647) It's 24 hour, and they're alot more qualfied to help than we are.
  • Options
    i have to wait until the show is over because i dont want to stress her out even more if there is something wrong! And once again, i dont know how to convince her to go, she says she doesnt need to. But she complains of stomach pain every other day and that to me sounds like something a doctor should look at.
  • Options
    shhh don't tell anyone. ;)
    Could have been them 'perverted bed bugs' that impreganated you. :cool:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    If you don't have time to go to the doctor, then maybe you should call NHS Direct (0845 4647) It's 24 hour, and they're alot more qualfied to help than we are.

i believe he's from america.

but you could look at www.nhsdirect.co.uk
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Could have been them 'perverted bed bugs' that impreganated you. :cool:

shut up. :grump:
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    i have to wait until the show is over because i dont want to stress her out even more if there is something wrong! And once again, i dont know how to convince her to go, she says she doesnt need to. But she complains of stomach pain every other day and that to me sounds like something a doctor should look at.

Well maybe YOU should call NHS Direct. Explain that you're worried about your girlfriend, explain her symptoms, explain that she has just changed her pill type, and see if they advise she goes the doctors, or if they have any idea what might be wrong.

Tbh, if she doesn't feel poorly enough to go the doctors, maybe you are reading too much into it.
  • Options
    i am from america, can i still call that number?
  • Options
    Mike_17 wrote:
    i am from america, can i still call that number?
    Probably not unless you want to get a huge phone bill for calling international. Then you would have a panic attack!

Perhaps some of the Yanks on this site like MyName can provide another number for you.
  • Options
    Sorry, wasn't aware you were American.

The website will still be of use, but if it tells you to call 999, then double check you aren't over exaggerating the symptoms. I went on there for a rash and it told me to call 999 because it could be menigitis (sp). Try here, it might help.
  • Options
    Nikki - he's better calling 911 as this is the American emergency number.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Nikki - he's better calling 911 as this is the American emergency number.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I was just saying - since this doesn't sound an emergency, and his girlfriend isn't worried herself, if the website says he should call 999 (since it's an english website) he should double check the symptoms he's put, because sometimes answering the questions it's easy to overexaggerate.
  • Options
    maybe she should make time to go the doctors

whatever she`s doing cant be more important than her health ffs