Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hogmany/new years eve

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
seeing as i missed the fringe this year, i want to be in edinburgh for the new year... so that's where i'll be. anyone else local or planning to head up - littlemissy??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i went to hogmanay for the millenium, it was amazing. we went to something square (there's probably loads!).

this year i'm going out in lincoln i believe. last year i went out in nottingham, that was cool.
  • Options
    NYE is shit! last year i edned up going to a crap club and snogged a kilt-wearing glasweigan! i have a feeling this year will be better though because i have more proper clubbing friends now :)
  • Options
    NYE is always a massive let down, xmas eve is such a better night out.

i would like to try edinburgh for NYE but doubt i will.

last few years, me and about 20 of my closest friends have been out for a meal on NYE before heading out for a few beers, not paying silly money into the same club you pay £5 into the rest of the year.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

Ain't that the truth! I'm already looking forward to Xmas eve :hyper:

Currently deciding whether to spend NY in Stockholm or stay here and have a house party, as I will be able to play hostess for the first time ever :D
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    yeh last xmas eve was fab :D
  • Options
    Going to be in South Africa for the new year, v. excited, have never been before. Although it does mean missing my friend's annual NYE bash with tonnes of debauchery :crying:
  • Options
    i can never see myself going out on christmas eve. the last thing i want on christmas day is a hangover!
  • Options
    i can never see myself going out on christmas eve. the last thing i want on christmas day is a hangover!

wuss! :P

its part of the fun, xmas eve go out and get smashed, get up hungover on xmas day, go to the boozer round the corner while the ladies prepare lunch, back for xmas meal, open prezzies, drink some more.

fall asleep full and fulfilled.

best day in the world.
  • Options
    i get really miserable when i'm hungover and christmas is meant to be a jolly day!
  • Options
    I'm going to George Square in Glasgow to bring it home with The Fratellis! YAS!
    I can't wait, and I'm going with my bestest bestest mate. AHH! This year's been amaaaaaaaaaazing.
  • Options
    I shall indeed be in Edinburgh again for New Year. Going to City to see 2ManyDJ's. Bring it on, baby :razz:
  • Options
    I shall indeed be in Edinburgh again for New Year. Going to City to see 2ManyDJ's. Bring it on, baby :razz:

Awwww! You and Craig still going? That's so amaaaze.

2ManyDJs are also amaze.

Huzzah!
  • Options
    I would like to be at the NEC but i know that wont happen because none of my friends will go to that. :\
  • Options
    If I'm in Glasgow, I'll be going to either The Garage or Buffalo Joes.

If I'm at home then I'll be in the Ship Inn all night.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I would like to be at the NEC but i know that wont happen because none of my friends will go to that. :\
    I went last year and it was sheet....manily because we queued for hours, it was too busy and i got dehydrated and constanlty needed a wee but couldn't do the deed.
    I was also dressed up in some daft outfit and couldnt sit down comfy without showing my arse off or getting comfy.

This year I'm going to be in a log cabin in the middle of no where, with a hot tub, decks, booze, narcotics and 14 great mates, for 5 days :D
  • Options
    I believe in going to be here in Manchester and there will be some sort of party:D
  • Options
    i dont believe this lol, im searching on google for new years eve lincoln.. to see whats going on and it brings up this thread.. theres no gettin away lol :banghead: :lol:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I'm going to George Square in Glasgow to bring it home with The Fratellis! YAS!
    I can't wait, and I'm going with my bestest bestest mate. AHH! This year's been amaaaaaaaaaazing.

Same! Never been to Scotland properly either, meetin loads of people there i met from camp this summer an i cant wait! :hyper:
  • Options
    I really wanna have a quiet and contemplative one now, just me and a Baileys and a smoke.

Chances of that happening = zero :grump:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I really wanna have a quiet and contemplative one now, just me and a Baileys and a smoke.

Chances of that happening = zero :grump:

Hiya!

I'm not going to George Square anymore, I'm going to London with my mate for a 4 day weekend of debauchery at a houseparty. Taking a shitload of Buckfast down, mwaha.
  • Options
    I'm hitting Ashton Lane. £20 a ticket, but it'll be worth it!
  • Options
    i dont believe this lol, im searching on google for new years eve lincoln.. to see whats going on and it brings up this thread.. theres no gettin away lol :banghead: :lol:

i'd avoid it, to be honest!

choice of clubs in lincoln is a bit dire really. ritzys would be okay but not when it's full of scummy locals. my friend wants to go. :grump:
  • Options
    i'd avoid it, to be honest!

choice of clubs in lincoln is a bit dire really. ritzys would be okay but not when it's full of scummy locals. my friend wants to go. :grump:

well ive had a look online and i think its gonna be ritzys for us too, i love jaks anyway, and tbh ill most prob only be out with locals lol. ive got a couple of mates from home comin up, but it will mainly be my bf(who is a local) and some mates from work. i wanted to go to the engine shed but cant find anything on it so im guessing its shut as most students wont be around.
  • Options
    ha looks like i'm off there too. long story but i couldn't be assed with falling out with anyone and at the mo' i can't really muster up any excitement about anywhere!

engine sheds would be good (as i don't really like ritzys much) but i've not heard about anything and it is rather small!
  • Options
    icey wrote:

Yeah mate! Me and my friends were gonna get tickets to that but as we're down in sussex it will cost a bomb to get up there and we can't afford that aswell as the tickets and pills, booze and coke for the night!
  • Options
    I'm going to this:

www.myspace.com/nyeshakedown

My choices were the following:

1. Go to a local/normal NYE night and hate every second of it, surrounded by a bunch of complete drunken wankers/tarts who would no doubt start brawling at some point... *bliss*
    2. Stay home - just *not* an option.
    3. Go to a night that some of my friends are involved in running, where I know the people are all there for the same thing - dancing, giggling and getting not a little bit mashed, and where the pinnacle of the night isn't at 12 midnight, but the whole night. One big, happy mash-up. 'Secret' venue, and ticket only - Keeps the undesirables away. Semi-small affair - less than 500 people. Perfect. After party starting at 6am at The Cross, and it'll just go on from there. Even more perfect. :)

Lipsy, now you have some decent clubbing mates NYE will hold a WHOLE new level of coooooooooooooooool :D I know it did for me, a few years ago :)
  • Options
    well we've decided to keep it local on NYE because the pub is in walking distance from my house and i will know so many people and get lots of free drinks off boys. it will be a laugh i think.

then on new years day we're going to the closing party at boddingtons brewery (warehouse project) to see laurent garnier and 2manyDJs.
  • Options
    Either going to the street party in Edinburgh or Dave Clarke at Shine in Belfast. I haven't really decided, and I need to soon. hmmmmm
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Yeah mate! Me and my friends were gonna get tickets to that but as we're down in sussex it will cost a bomb to get up there and we can't afford that aswell as the tickets and pills, booze and coke for the night!

I'm a mixture of you and Icey... I wanted to go to this, but its a bit of a mission to get too and not many of my mates were up for it!

Oh well!
  • Options
    What's at the NEC?

NYE is usually a let down! Last year I just went to my friend's house and we played drinking games and had a laugh and then went to bed at 1. Maybe a bit sad but I enjoyed it a lot more than spending loads of money and standing in the cold trying to get a taxi and then paying stupid money to get home.

Dunno what's happening this year. I don't fancy town, it's probably going to be local pub. I have a few options.