Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What one thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Say your house is in imminent danger of being destroyed by flood, fire, tornado, earthquake, alien attack et al and the kids are safe, so are you, partner, dog, cat, budgie, goldfish etc. If you had the chance what one thing would you rescue from your house ?

TBH i can't really think of anything. I don't really have any 'personal' items of a sentimental value. I spose it'd be my wallet, though there's never much in there or a lighter Leigh bought me (first thing he bought for me) but that's made of metal so would probably survive :)

Comments

• Options
    My cum sock.
  • Options
    It would have to be my stash of drugs.
  • Options
    The newspaper obituary about my sister or a lovely letter from my dad. Yeah the box of letters.
  • Options
    My phone.
  • Options
    My stuffed yellow dog. He goes everywhere with me as it is.

Or I'd just grab my handbag because he's normally in there along with all my more practical items such as my phone and purse. There's a million sentimental things I'd save f I could though, but the dog wins out I'm afraid.
  • Options
    My decks...
  • Options
    Either all my photographs or I have a draw of memories in which I put lots of special things - I can't decide which - but maybe I should put the photo's in the memory draw as well then i wouldn't have to decide!
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My stuffed yellow dog.

Of course, it'd have to be Ruudy. Sorry Bert, but i can win another one of you :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My hard disk.

Either that or my stash of explosives, I wouldn't want that fucker to go up.:eek: Although that might destroy alot of incriminating evidence... hehehe.

I don't know really. I'd probably be one of the fools who tries to save everthing or just try to prevent the destruction in some manner.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    One of the twins.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My stuffed yellow dog. He goes everywhere with me as it is.

Or I'd just grab my handbag because he's normally in there along with all my more practical items such as my phone and purse. There's a million sentimental things I'd save f I could though, but the dog wins out I'm afraid.
    :heart::heart: You rock. Whats his name?
    My stuffed Simba. When I was little I used to keep simba and my blankets and other items of sentemental value right next to my bed just incase. Bit of an irrational fear.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Erm ... after the boy and the cats, it would possibly have to be the wedding photo album. Obviously there are many things I wouldn't want to go up in flames but as long as everyone is ok then I would cope.
  • Options
    i have a box of sentimental things which remind me of my grandparents who have died so i would take that.
  • Options
    I was thinking about this in bed the other night when I couldnt sleep and a fire engine zoomed past.

I'd save the computer cos it was a lot of irreplaceable photos on it.
  • Options
    These threads are silly.
  • Options
    Laptop (with the iPod connected). Can't do without my music.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    These threads are silly.

Then don't take part, problem solved :thumb:
  • Options
  • Options
    My wedding album.

Any electrical item, no matter how good, can be replaced. Which is why I think people who save their telly or their stereo or their laptop ahead of picture albums and letters are morons.
  • Options
    My laptop, because it IS my photo album.
  • Options
    Urm, I would grab my teddy I have had for thirteen years and my beautiful baby dog. I would cry if i lost either of those!!
  • Options
    I have a box full of photos, letter, cards and things that I would be gutted to lose so I would save that.
  • Options
    My bag as it had all my crap (phone, wallet etc in), followed by my laptop, or my teddy that I've had since i was four months old and still stays on my bed.
  • Options
    My handbag (which has my ipod, phone and purse in it).

I'd also have to take my laptop as its got all my photos on it.

Also, if there was to be a fire between now and Friday, I'd take my Evanescence tickets. HAHA.
  • Options
    my care bear that was bought for me when i was born (and my discworld collection if i had enough time :p)
  • Options
    My bear, or my laptop (because it's far more practical to grab that than to grab 200+ CD's...).
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i have a box of sentimental things which remind me of my grandparents who have died so i would take that.

I have something similar which contains thing's that hold my key memories in life so far and it's the one thing I'd have to take if there were a fire. Everything else can be replaced except for these which hold very dear sentimental value.
  • Options
    My box of sentimental stuff - photos, memorial service sheets, Granny's Bible, letters (including some emails I printed rather than lose them), my diary, etc.

The other thing I'd be saddened to lose would be my instruments, but they are replaceable.
  • Options
    The whole house, preferably, on My back btw Atlas style.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    My dolly that I've had since the day I was born and who I still cuddle in bed most nights :o

You only need to worry when you take it to other peoples houses :D

*sits shamelessly on her boyfriends bed cuddling her dog* (He's learnt to live with it haha)