Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

3 Questions

Firstly, a fancy dress one. Cowboys and cowgirls-I have a denim skirt, hat and additional accessories (sherriff badge etc.) but what type of top should I wear? I don't like shirts at all, and thus don't own one and am not willing to buy a shirt as I hate them.

Secondly, I have a swanky do coming up near to Christmas, and have no idea what to wear. Its a 60th birthday, with a 3 course meal, dancing, drinks and a lot of old conservatives, so nothing too racy. Not that I wear racy things anyway. But I am also on a budget, so can't splash out the fortune on posh frocks from Monsoon that I want :(

Thirdly, I'm going on a tour of the houses of parliament then having an 'informal chat' with a bloke from a headhunting agency straight after in a couple of weeks. What on earth do I wear? I would have thought interview style dress, but just how smart should I go?

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For the cowgirl thing, I think you could get away with just an ordinary T-shirt if you wore a bandana round your neck. Alternatively, borrow a shirt off your dad or pick up a really cheap one from a charity shop and wear it open over a T-shirt or vest top. That's what most girls did on a recent cowboy/cowgirl social at my uni.

For the swanky do, again charity shops or eBay are the best friend of someone on a budget. I picked up a gorgeous full length dress in a charity shop for just £9 a couple of weeks ago. Places like New Look, Topshop, Miss Selfridge may well have suitably-priced dresses at this time of year (Christmas party season and all) - anything from knee length to full length would suit that sort of party, I reckon.

And for the informal chat, I'd say smart trousers and a smart top, or a smart skirt and smart top. You want to look professional, but I think a suit would be too much since it's been specified as 'informal'.

Hope one, two or all three of those was some help!