Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well at the moment I am seeing this guy, nothing serious. Just confused about the situation. He says he doesn't want a relationship with anyone other than this girl who lives in America or something. He says he likes me and I really like him but I am confused. Is he just using me as a stop gap? There is no guarnatee that him and this girl will get together and I don't really know what to think.

Comments

• Options
    He does sound very confused! There is obviously something about this girl over the Internet that he likes a lot, it doesn't really matter though. My advice is that in these cirsumtances, his heart really does 'belong' to this other girl. I've been in exactly the same circumstance, even rational persuasion doesn't work. I mean realistically, he has little chance of being with this girl if she lives in America!

I would try to find someone else. He will continue to mess you around. It's almost insulting to want you yet be distracted by some (frankly unobtainable) girl online. Am I right in guessing that he wants just sexual relationship? Grr, thinking of this makes my blood boil, coming 2nd best to someone online!

I wonder if the girl online knows about you? Doesn't really make him look like a good person does it?
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Well at the moment I am seeing this guy, nothing serious. Just confused about the situation. He says he doesn't want a relationship with anyone other than this girl who lives in America or something. He says he likes me and I really like him but I am confused. Is he just using me as a stop gap? There is no guarnatee that him and this girl will get together and I don't really know what to think.

you answered your own question i think when you said 'he doesn't want a relationship with anyone other than this girl who lives in america'. i'd steer clear to be honest, you deserve better than second best.
  • Options
    If i was seing a guy who told me he wanted to be dating someone else i'd be right out of there! Go find yourself a guy who will commit to you and show you the respect you deserve.
  • Options
    i'd steer clear to be honest, you deserve better than second best.

Amen to that!

At best he is a very confused and conflicted young man, at worst he is trying to have his cake and eat it. At this point you should be thinking - NEXT PLEASE.

Onwards and upwards, honey :thumb:
  • Options
    Its annoying coz I really like him and there is very little chance of anything every happening with him and this girl. Its not just sex we enjoy each others company to. I don't want a relationship really either as I have just come out of one but the fact is even if i did then I don't really stand a chance.
  • Options
    i think having a casual fling/occasional sex would be a bad idea if you 'really like him'.