Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Changing Birth Control

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone tell me what to expect from my girlfriend tonight when she changes her birth control. It will be the first time she is taking the new pill. She is skipping her period and taking this new pill right through it because she doesnt want to have her period during our musical.

This worries me beause you all know how i was afraid that she is pregnant, and lord knows im going to see things probably from the new type of birthcontrol that make me think she is.

Also, she is really stressed and tired. Is there any advice you all can give on how to help her because she doesnt have any extra time to rest until next saturday (A week from tomorrow). We are so buisy i dont know how to help her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    As long as she takes her pills on time every day then she will be fine. When I was chopping and changing pills, trying to find the right one, I just finished one pack and then started a new packet, like normal, but with the new pill.

It's easy. And nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe no changes, maybe any of the side effects associated with the new pill.

Skipping a period can sometime lead to bloating (I'm sure that'll do your paranoia a world of good if she puts on weight...).

Rest/Relaxing wise it's a tough one whilst doing a show. Best tip I can think of is to remember to eat proper meals and drink plenty of fluids, it's easily forgotten whilst busy.