Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cold Feet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, I've started seeing somebody new these last couple of weeks or so.

It's happened really quickly, it's not happened through friendship or anything we only met two weeks ago. Been out a few times and its been pretty breathtaking. There's a spark, we both get on great and we spent a couple of hours last night just parked up in her car beside the river and just sat holding hands, looking into the sky and talking. I'm a really dreamy person anyway and she seems to be too. The way she looks at me gives me goosebumps, we're both so enthusiastic about things. It's just mind-blowing because it's just two quite deep people who really fancy each other and nothing else seems to matter. It's like we're in our own bubble when we're together, if ya get me?

Thing is, I've woke up this morning and I think I'm getting cold feet. Every relationship I've had has started off with us getting on famously (maybe not quite as well as this :o) and everythings just been so dreamy and we both get smitten really quickly. But sooner or later it goes tits up because she wants a bad lad or somebody with loads of money, and I'm scared it'll happen again. I also said to myself when this started that I'd take my time and get to know her properly, but it's not worked out that way and I'm just panicking now.

We're so happy in this wee bubble, but I just worry what'll happen when reality sets in. She's got so much going for her, uni and stuff, whereas I'm just me, I've got an OK job but not much direction in my life and not a lot to say for myself.

Not even sure what I'm asking, just general thoughts on it would be cool :thumb: