Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

my poor bladder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here we go...

another bladder infection in the space of a week and what am i meant to do because of the bloomin full up doctors?...just wait until it passess meanwhile i lying in bed with a hot water bottle between my legs guzzling enough water to end the drought in africa missing yet another day of uni.

its starting to take the piss if everones ever had one then theyll no how painful it can be- i get one every month without fail but these past two months ive had three already.

last time i had one i couldnt get in up here till the week after and i knew it would have gone by then (its only a short thing but not really something to put up with) but i made it anyway, then i made one at home for the friday - only four days away but low and behold it had gone and the doctor looked at me like a timewaster (you try pissing blood mate an see if it dont flipping hurt!:grump: !)

now ive got one again and surprise surprise the overworked doctors cant get me in till next tuesday, i cant see the home doctor on friday cos its my first day at a new job so basically again im going to crawl under my duvet with my hot water bottle and wish to god that i was a bloke!

:crying: :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried drinking bicarbonate of soda dissolved in water? Dont know how much it will help if its a particularly bad case but worth a try?
  • Options
    Maybe its the same one and you've not been on antibiotics long enough. Do you get a check up a week after the antibiotics are done so they can confirm the infection is gone?