Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you ask??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you first get a new gf / bf what questions do you ask them , to find things out about them!

Comments

• Options
    erm....if they work+where? if they're at uni? family? pets? music/film tastes? anything like that really....the real conversations lead from those little prompts!
  • Options
    erm....if they work+where? if they're at uni? family? pets? music/film tastes? anything like that really....the real conversations lead from those little prompts!

Yep - I agree with that. I think the real important information though will come out naturally over time as the trust between you builds up...
  • Options
    NOT how many people they've slept with......
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    g_angel007 wrote:
    NOT how many people they've slept with......

NOT do you take it up the arse? :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Oh, I don't know - saves covering that later :lol:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Exactly saying arse is just crude, you have to put it properly the term 'wrong-un' is far better or 'the tradesmans entrance'.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Exactly saying arse is just crude, you have to put it properly the term 'wrong-un' is far better or 'the tradesmans entrance'.

:lol: :yes: :D
  • Options
    Just let the conversation flow, most stuff crops up anyway.

Just don't talk about yourself and don't be scared to try on a bit of charm either.

Don't talk about your exes or marriage and kids or anything though :no:
  • Options
    When you first get a new gf / bf what questions do you ask them , to find things out about them!
    By the time someone's officially your bf/gf, you'll usually know a fair bit about them anyway, especially if they've been friends first. So you usually just talk about stuff you normally would and every now and then, you'll find out something new about them that you didn't know before.
  • Options
    budda wrote:

... besides, "spit or swallow?" is a better starting point.
  • Options
    ... besides, "spit or swallow?" is a better starting point.

:yes:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    By the time someone's officially your bf/gf, you'll usually know a fair bit about them anyway, especially if they've been friends first. So you usually just talk about stuff you normally would and every now and then, you'll find out something new about them that you didn't know before.

:yes: good to see some genuine advice I'm With Stupid.
    Since the rest of you seem to be taking the "what not to say" angle - you might find this article on impossible girlfriends takes your fancy ;) .

On a more serious note Holliepop, if you find you haven't got anything to say to your boyfriend it might mean that you just need a little more time to get to know each other before you actually commit to a relationship. Have a look at this article on the first conversation for some tips. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Dear God there really is a factsheet or rant on absolutely bloody everything isnt there.
  • Options
    Do you have any kids? If they say yes I'm out of there like a shot.
  • Options
    How they like the eggs in the morning :)

I like mine with a kiss :thumb:

Cal
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Do you have any kids? If they say yes I'm out of there like a shot.

Hahaha - and yet with the number of single mothers out there I reckon many would have something to say if I said the same :rolleyes: :yes: :lol:
  • Options
    Yep. The boyfriends I've had and will have, will always be friends first, so you already know enough about them...
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Hahaha - and yet with the number of single mothers out there I reckon many would have something to say if I said the same :rolleyes: :yes: :lol:

haha so true, if you'd have said the same about single mums people would be shouting for you to be strung up. i agree, finding out if they have kids is a priority...i dont think i could bring myself to look after someone elses kids, but thats just me, im sure there are plenty of blokes who would.

this is a strange one, i would have thought by the time you are bf/gf you'll already know the basics etc, the rest will be found out with experience etc...through conversation, i think finding out things as you go along is part of the fun, rather than having a fact sheet on your partner..