Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bye....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    often longer journeys can be quicker on the train than by car. but say travelling from one town to another..you might have to stop by lots of little villages so it'll take longer.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh yeah, I got confused :blush:
    Have you ever ridden on a cross state train? What is it actually like?

My mom used to have stories as she would take the train from twin cities, mn to lacross, wi and she loved it, she got it free cuz her dad worked for the railroads and she got the luxury lines bit (with the drink carts and such). It does make me want to try it actually.
    it's usualy pretty fun. They have a meal car, and if it's a large enough train there's usualy a cabin where you can go sleep. Heck of a lot more comfortable than driving. But it also takes longer, and depending on the trip it might be more expensive.
  • Options
    When i was in the US this summer an looking to travel after camp the trains took forever, an it was usually cheaper to fly a lot of the places.

Have a good trip!
  • Options
    enjoy your trip! :) 9½ hours? that's nothing compared to one 14 hour flight (considering the 1 hour wait in the actual flight before it departs) and another 1½ hour flight, not to mention the wait between the two. :( I survive with a good book and movies on board though. The worst part is trying to fall to sleep to no avail because you can't find a comfortable position to sleep in. I just envy my father, who occasionally goes first class and can sleep in a real bed for the entire flight! Considering the price for one of those tickets though, it's definately not worth it.

That's what you get from travelling between Sweden and Mauritius :)