Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

broke my pinky yesterday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    edn1 wrote:
    Can understand where you are coming from but he was so persistent in posting such drivel and nonsensical thread's he was never going to accept he had any problem(s). Maybe being forced off thesite, like Jim said it might not stay that way, will make him realise a thing or two and seek help through the proper channels.
    well i hope that happens then. i liked reading his posts.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    He made a few unhelpful posts in the drug forum incluing saying that mental health problems don't existy - despite the fact he's on IS and DLA. :confused:
    The thread about his flatmate was also a bit over the top.
    I think he has a few issues to sort out, staying up all night and posting here obviously wasn't doing him any good, and I think the Mods have it spot on here.

He'll be back I'm sure. I just hope he sorts himself out a bit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think giving him help would have been slightly more beneficial than slaggin him off but hey ho.
  • Options
    Well we have offered him a large number of places where can can access help, and have provided plenty of contacts.

You also need to bear in mind that we've had to delete about 10 threads for inappropriate content in the last day, dealt with constant spam problems, removed offensive postings to other users and other rule breaking.

I wouldn't normally comment on a ban, but the reality is that from what you can see it looks like someone hasn't done much wrong. From what we can see we've given someone all the chances it was humanly possible to do, and like any service, regardless of health, someone has to be able to accept the basic rules by which that service is run.

As I said, I don't see this as a necessarily permanent ban, but increasingly breaking the rules is going to cause a problem, and his current behaviour whilst I can understand where it was coming from, was becoming worse and worse and his rule breaking couldn't be condoned because of illness; that would be unfair to our other users and create an illusion of normality that wouldn't help in his decision making about accessing more appropriate services for help.
  • Options
    Thanks for the explanation Jim, and I agree with you. Think I saw some of the ones that got taken down. The rules are pretty clear and it is only fair to everyone that they are kept.