Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alcohol ralated pains in the neck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have this happen to them or know what it means?

Basically not always but very often when I drink something with say over 7% alcohol like wine or right now Strongbow Super which is 7.5% - I get pains just under the area i my jaw behind the ears.

I've always noticed it on planes when they give you free wine - but I always used to think it was to do with the altitude, pressure, etc

But it's happening to me right now - with about half a can of Strongbow super drunk and it kinda hurts.

Porbably explains one of the reasons I hardly drink, cos alcohol = pain for me.

Comments

• Options
    Is it like a sharp pain with a warm feeling? Cause i get that sometimes.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Is it like a sharp pain with a warm feeling? Cause i get that sometimes.

Kind of, it's a bit like pain freeze when you have really cold icecream but like behind the ears where your glands are.
  • Options
    I get that sometimes, but not when drinking alcohol. I've always wondered what it was.
  • Options
    Why are you drinking strongbow super? Are you a tramp?
  • Options
    I think its some of your glands, the ones beginning with p that show if you have mumps i think, they're particularily sensitive to some acidic flavours and stuff like that. Cherry drops made mine go the other week.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Why are you drinking strongbow super? Are you a tramp?

Some friends and I went to a place that don't serve alcohol and so one of the guys went to get some drink from the off liecence and since I hate beer I said just get me some cider, didn't think he'd bring such strong stuff, infact didn't even know is was extra alcoholic until I got home.
  • Options
    I get that when i always drink feels like an ache in my neck but goes away after a while, but it is very uncomfortable, so i dont drink very often.