Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bit of a pill query...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondered....

Basically you only have a period (usually) when you take a 7 days break and theyre considered fake. If you were pregnant and didnt know yet still on the pill would you still bleed?!

i assume you wouldnt but i dont know... just wondered.

Kitts x

Comments

• Options
    You probably wouldn't, but because the pill is regulating the hormones in your system you might, just like you might still bleed even though you were pregnant and not on the pill. It's unusual but not impossible.
  • Options
    thanks xx
  • Options
    it's not unheard of for people to get periods during the first weeks of pregnancy. if you're worried take a test - it'll put your mind at ease.
  • Options
    From what I understand, not taking the pill causes a period, so it is possible to be pregnant on the pill and still have a couple of periods, but it wouldnt last for very long. You would probably only get a couple of periods before the pregnancy hormone kicked in and ended your periods but yeah, take a test if you think the pill might have let you down for whatever reason.