Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bloody puke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sexy, I know. But I was very nervous this morning and threw up. I hadn't eaten anythng yet so it was mostly just water and spit, but blood too. Anybody experienced anything like that? Maybe it was just because there was nothing left to throw up or something to be questionable about.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've never gashed up blood. I would be worried if I ever did.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The only time I have thrown up a small bit of blood was when I was out getting compleatly smashed on vodka shots and possiably had an empty stomach.

Was you drinking the night before?
  • Options
    Only one drink.
    Maybe I cut my throat with a sharp dorito or something :razz:
  • Options
    You can never be too careful, get it checked out just in case, blood in puke is most definately not a good sign.
  • Options
    if your tummy was empty you'd throw up bile, not blood.

i'd go to the doctos. :yes:
  • Options
    i threw up what i thought was blood after a week of hammering it with alcohol and greasy food in ibiza. the doctor said that it wasn't blood, just the lining of my stomach which was so raw red from the week long abuse.

don't you drink a lot of alcohol though on a regular basis? you should go to the doctors.
  • Options
    As everyone else has said, I would definitely get it checked out if you saw blood, you can't be too careful.
  • Options
    That happened to my dad a while back, it turned out to be a bleeding stomach ulcer. Best to get it checked out just in case.
  • Options
    Is it big bits or tiny flecks...i wouldn't be too concerned about tiny flecks as vomitting can cause a small amount of trauma to the lining of your oesphagus, leading to minor bleeding. But as we cant see what it looks like you should get checked out by the doctor :yes:
  • Options
    Sounds like a scope is on it's way....

You poor bugger.
  • Options
    Is it big bits or tiny flecks...i wouldn't be too concerned about tiny flecks as vomitting can cause a small amount of trauma to the lining of your oesphagus, leading to minor bleeding. But as we cant see what it looks like you should get checked out by the doctor :yes:

Just tiny flecks ;) The look veried greatly from the freshly drinken water so I could tell easily :p Wouldn't stomache pains accompany a stomache ulcer? The trauma sounds good and I'll stick with yours ;)

Thanks for the help all.