Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do I need to visit a GUM clinic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok me and my girl were engaging in some 69 and there was some teeth to penis contact because of the position. It didn't look too bad, and we carried on. But now it's looking pretty infected.

I'm 100% sure it's not an STI. It's just from the lube and pre cum/cum getting into the numerous scratches.

And so I'm thinking I should probably visit a GUM Clinic. But I'm off on holiday tomorrow. And I won't be able to go till Thursday. If it's not an STI, just infected sores is there any great rush? Will it eventually sort itself out anyway?

Comments

• Options
    go to your docs
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ok me and my girl were engaging in some 69 and there was some teeth to penis contact because of the position. It didn't look too bad, and we carried on. But now it's looking pretty infected.

I'm 100% sure it's not an STI. It's just from the lube and pre cum/cum getting into the numerous scratches.

And so I'm thinking I should probably visit a GUM Clinic. But I'm off on holiday tomorrow. And I won't be able to go till Thursday. If it's not an STI, just infected sores is there any great rush? Will it eventually sort itself out anyway?

According to Net Doctor (www.netdoctor.com - although the site seems to be down momentarily): A small cut should heal within 14 days, as long as there isn't any sexual activity within those 14 days which will prevent the healing process by causing more trauma. If it feels like it's getting worse rather than better by Thursday then I'd say defintely get it seen to. Take care ;)
  • Options
    teeth to penis contact

Err... I would be concerned about infected. The mouth is a source of bacteria! You might be able to just see your GP about that.
  • Options
    Wouldn't have thought you'd need to see a GUM clinic, cuts that you are worried might be infected is the kind of thing you'd take to a GP.
  • Options
    Cheers, guys

Although my docs was shut this afternoon, I found out there's another one a few villages over that does open Friday afternoon and I now have antibiotics. :)

Although I also need to get a blood test next week to rule out herpes. :eek: Is that even possible if I'm her first and I haven't been with anyone else in 6 months?