Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How far can you go.....?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi peeples,

I have a question or rather a few questions.
My girlfriend and I, (both being virgins) have just started sleeping together and although we have both agreed to no penetration, still mess around in bed.

What I want to know is, how far can we go before we need to start worrying about pregnancy? Am I correct in beleiveing that as long as penetration never takes place, we are okay?

We have got quite close (very close actually) and she has started worrying because it was a day after her period.

Another thing, when is the safest time to have sex with a woman (ie. in relation to the cycle).

Can anyome help?

Comments

• Options
    some basic help
    okay hi man well in the female cycle there is never a safe time to have sex because apparently sperm can survive for 4 days max or sumthing like that. Also dont believe any bullshit about standing up and in the bath lol okay man.

ok thats that sorta now tell me this is kinda personal do u sleep with clothes on or off when you sleep with your g/f because 1 drop of anything from ya tool can cause a hellva lotta trouble.
    So be carefull because its not only preganancy which can be a problem std's can aswell and even though its bad to say it could happen to you. not just someone else.
    hope ive been sum help.
    DaN
  • Options
    the worst time to have sex is around the time of ovulation, the mid point between 2 periods. ova can live for 2 days, so be extra careful at this time. however, ovulation is not always at the mid point especially if she has an irregular cycle. so really you should be carefull all the time.
  • Options
    DaN's got it right that you have to watch out all the time - even if you haven't had full blown sex, there is still a small risk of getting pregnant. The best thing I can recommend is talking to Brook - they do sex advice for under 25s and they'll give you the best advice on how not to get pregnant and how to aviod infections. Their phone number is 0800 0185023, or their website is www.brook.org.uk. Hope this helps

Juliet