Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

whats in a chavs head?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    Me too! And I was going to come and reply with "A Burberry lawnmower *jazz hands*", only to find that everyone's having quite the sensible discussion about society and prejudice.

Way to piss on my bonfire, sensible people :(

Oh damn... where did you hide all the funnies the last months
    :lol:

I can't nominate two potw's, can I?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Oh damn... where did you hide all the funnies the last months
    :lol:

I can't nominate two potw's, can I?

You have to nominate one first ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    Me too! And I was going to come and reply with "A Burberry lawnmower *jazz hands*", only to find that everyone's having quite the sensible discussion about society and prejudice.

Way to piss on my bonfire, sensible people :(

:lol:!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Could someone explain to me why the kids in the rec across the street throwing fireworks at each other are not the dregs of society who need a good sound thrashing?

Whilst it may be quite dangerous and noisy behaviour I fail to see how they are the dregs of society? They're kids for fuck sake and misbehaving comes naturally.
    Kermit wrote:
    You can tell charvers; they always have the bags and the sallow skin of the heroin addict, the alcoholic, the terminally stupid. They always stink. Every first word is fuck, every second is cunt, they make me sound clean-mouthed. Smoking on the bus, listening to shitty music on their stolen mobiles, and vandalism are all their tiny minds can manage to do. Funnily enough they do always live on sink estates and do always wear tracksuits. They don't serve any purpose in society, and if they all died tomorrow I'd say life for the rest of us would be greatly improved.

:rolleyes:

I've just done a search and come across something you wrote just over a year ago... from this thread about 'chavette teenage mums'
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?p=1348667&highlight=chav+underclass#post1348667
    Kermit wrote:
    The average personal wage is £26,000. Emphasis on the word personal, there.

Somehow I don't think that each of those girls are earning £26,000 a piece. maybe between all four of them, but £26,000 divided by four is a whopping £6000 each. To feed seven mouths.

How dare they slob about at home for a below-breadline wage, eh?

Blagsta is perfectly correct to condemn those who bandy about the words "chav slags" at these young girls, because all it is is sanctimonious, divisive and isolating claptrap. After all, good little middle class girls and boys never have sex

The reason why these girls have sex and have babies is because they have nothing else to look forward to in their lives. They have no good job prospects, no chance of a good house and car, no chance of being anything. Ambition is the biggest contraceptive, I think people forget that. Girls who have children young are often socially excluded, so slagging them off as "dirty sluts" is exactly the opposite of what is useful.

Instead of it being a tragedy that having a child is the best thing that will ever happen to them, and it being a disgrace that they will never achieve anything more than breeding, it is, of course, better to condemn them as just another example of the dirty filthy breeding underclass, forget about them, nd consign them to a life of poverty and non-achievement.

I thought that was an excellent post, Why such a different opinion now?
    Kermit wrote:
    The problem is that every chav wears a tracksuit and swears and is violent, but not every tracksuit-wearing person is a swearing violent braindead thug. But its easy to see why people stereotype tracksuit-wearing burberry people when all the people causing shit in their neighbourhood are clad in burberry and tracksuits.

Lots of young (almost exclusively poor) males of afro-carribean stock are involved in criminal activities but does this mean we should run around saying that because there is a statistical trend to this, that all young black males are theiving drug dealing dizzee rascal wannabe's with caps and hoods? No of course no beacuse it's a bollocks generalisation based upon on a trend within a group that gives rise to ridiculous sterotypes like the one above , which in turn ignores the rights of the non criminal majorities in these groups by projecting the actions of others onto them 'because they look similar' - Mr Bashir
    Weekender Offender