Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've seen several topics on how soon is ok to say I love you, but lets go the opposite...

Whats been the longest time to say I love you.

Comments

• Options
    me and my ex didn't say it during our 6 months together. we were getting there though..but i'm not sure how long it would've been before we actually came out and said it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You should only say it if you really mean it. Time doesn't matter. However, if you are together 3 years and you couldn't say it because you didn't mean it then I'd start to question the relationship.
  • Options
    About 6 or 7 pints.
  • Options
    Think it was about 3 months until i said it. Probably not very long but i waited until i knew i felt it.
  • Options
    a few months i think........it might scare them off other wise
  • Options
    you've all missed the point. the longest time. I think you shouldn't wait longer than a half yearish to tell someone you love them once you know you do.
  • Options
    yeh true not untill your ready i guess but i still think sometimes you need to know someone loves you and saying it does help.
  • Options
    About 6 or 7 pints.
    :lol:
  • Options
    About 6 or 7 pints.

HA! So true.

I think I told everyone I loved them at the weekend, even Boy Kill Boy when I saw them on Sunday!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    you've all missed the point. the longest time. I think you shouldn't wait longer than a half yearish to tell someone you love them once you know you do.

Really? my_name did say what's been the longest time - not what should be the longest time. I think people are actually saying their longest time (except maybe I'm with Stupid :p ) aren't they?
  • Options
    er... surely the opposite is how long you can wait.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    er... surely the opposite is how long you can wait.

Once you know, why would you wait to tell them?
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't say I would wait, just how long you could wait. Is there a new rule that means the questions on here have to make sense, because half the users are screwed if so....
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Once you know, why would you wait to tell them?

If it were me, I'd only wait to say it when I'm safe in the knowledge that they won't shun me for saying it.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    If it were me, I'd only wait to say it when I'm safe in the knowledge that they won't shun me for saying it.

Well of course, but if the relationship is going well, I dont see that there is anything to be gained by not saying it.

Fiend - I really have no idea what you mean, you havent been drinking have you?
  • Options
    i wish i had....
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Well of course, but if the relationship is going well, I dont see that there is anything to be gained by not saying it.

I suppose. It's just tricky if you've had your heart danced on before.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I've seen several topics on how soon is ok to say I love you, but lets go the opposite...

Whats been the longest time to say I love you.

never?
    "I love you" is a phrase to describe things you do. You can totally love someone without telling them, but people - male and female - love, firstly, the reassurance and secondly.. just the fact that it was said and that's it's meant to be lovely.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I suppose. It's just tricky if you've had your heart danced on before.

I wasnt suggesting it was easy, love is always tricky.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I wasnt suggesting it was easy, love is always tricky.

Hahaha, I can sense this thread turning into dialogue from a Mills' and Boon novel, soon.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Hahaha, I can sense this thread turning into dialogue from a Mills' and Boon novel, soon.

She never expected to fall for the brooding Lord, he seemed so distant...
  • Options
    budda wrote:

LMAO!

Class.

:lol:
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    So cold, so infuriatingly aloof. As she wondered through the meadows, the sweet scent of the blossoms reminded her aching heart of all she was missing out on...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    So cold, so infuriatingly aloof. As she wondered through the meadows, the sweet scent of the blossoms reminded her aching heart of all she was missing out on...

She clutched her petticoats and crumpled into the meadows as heavily as her heart felt and wept. She wept for the rejection of the Lord, the wasted effort. Her bountiful bosom heaved and strained in her corset with every desperate sob as she clutched to the grass in sheer angst...
  • Options
    her face smudged in mud and eyes forced closed by the swell from the stinging nettles. She couldn't see who was tugging at her skirts for access to her uplifted butt... (er, mills and boon meets erotica)
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    her face smudged in mud and eyes forced closed by the swell from the stinging nettles. She couldn't see who was tugging at her skirts for access to her uplifted butt... (er, mills and boon meets erotica)

LMAO! :lol: Think we'd best end it here...

But nice job. We should so do erotica. :D
  • Options
    I so am. Am working on a book called "Wet and Dry Fanny Diaries"
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

He said lets do the opposite ... and then stated what the opposite was, which was what is the longest you have gone. Get it now? :razz: