Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Khat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering what it's like and where you can get it from?

Comments

• Options
    Never tired it...

I heard its a load of shit though...
  • Options
  • Options
    Khat is a plant. I've never seen it anywhere, only something I've read about. It contains Cathinone, a stimulant. I've never even come across Cathinone... Methylcathinone is a different story. It's Cathinone, with the addiction of a methyl group, making it more potent. It's incredibly easy to synthesize, almost a one step process... Oxidizing (Pseudo)ephedrine.
  • Options
    A friend of mine used to sell it at Megatripolis (a club) years back. You have to chew loads of it and it tastes horrible.
  • Options
    I've seen people using that and all they did was look spaced out and not talk. Which is quite funny if it's a stimulant. Although did make them kinda aggressive.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    A friend of mine used to sell it at Megatripolis (a club) years back. You have to chew loads of it and it tastes horrible.

Ohh i used to go to megatrip loads when i was at school - spooky

Once at work one of our ethiopian partners brought loads over and the whole editorial department spent an afternoon munching away on it - i don't think they got that stoned though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The Site has a factsheet on Khat if you fancy a look....