Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my schedule

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
for technical chemistry.

want to kill myself. Each color is a different lesson. This is just one week of november. On monday I spend all day in uni from 8 in the morning until 5 in the evening, without any nameworthy breaks, just 15 minutes max inbetween some lectures.

bah...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Pretty harsh, are those words on there even real words though!?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Why didn't you choose some other subjects then? I think the health of your nerves is more important than graduating ASAP.
    Unless they don't let you choose your subjects there, I don't know how it works. But if that's the case, I doubt they'd make such a schedule or everyone would be complaining...
  • Options
    I work 9-6 with the same amount of breaks. That still looks horrendous for a student timetable mind.
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Pretty harsh, are those words on there even real words though!?

Of course it's real words. Do you think my university sens me hieroglyphics? It's german.
    Why didn't you choose some other subjects then?

Can't do that. you need to do them all. the only way is not attend a few and make them next year, but chances are that next year you will have too much, or have to pass something, because lectures overlap.

It counts to the most difficult studies in vienna, hmm... I'd fancy some career tho, to have some compensation to the lack of sucess with girls ;)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Of course it's real words. Do you think my university sens me hieroglyphics? It's german.

Oh are you German? I didn't realise hehe.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    squeal wrote:
    Oh are you German? I didn't realise hehe.

I'd assume he's Austrian as his profile states location as Vienna :p

Harsh timetable. But isn't a full timetable normal for sciences? I remember my biology friends having lectures all morning and experiments / lab time all afternoon.
  • Options
    Doesn't look any worse than most of the science students I know tbh, sorry mate!
  • Options
    Doesn't look any worse than most of the science students I know tbh, sorry mate!
    What upsets me is that I can match that timetable... and I'm doing a BA. :(
  • Options
    Ha Ha, what on earth in?

I'm doing a BA and can easy match that, although mine is an odd one.
  • Options
    phew, yea.. then I'm probably just a pussy. Just returned from my first day and physics was an hour longer than planned. 3 hours of no-inbetween-break physics.

hell...

My impressions are good tho. It is amazing how many really fine looking (just to refrain from saying hot and/or sexy) girls are studying technical chemistry. Rather unexpected. Another little bonus is that the chemistry crew makes the most kickass parties around here.

I talked to several gals and blokes and all seem to be pretty nice and helpful.
  • Options
    Well at least your labs finish pretty early (compared to chemistry labs at UCL where I was). Plus 15 min breaks are good - I had some days at UCL 9am-6pm with no breaks at all (not even lunch). When I complained at the Staff Student Consultation Commitee they laughed at me for saying I needed a lunch break. Wankers.

But never had 8am starts - poor you :(
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Well at least your labs finish pretty early (compared to chemistry labs at UCL where I was). Plus 15 min breaks are good - I had some days at UCL 9am-6pm with no breaks at all (not even lunch). When I complained at the Staff Student Consultation Commitee they laughed at me for saying I needed a lunch break. Wankers.

But never had 8am starts - poor you :(

fuck that's harsh. The 8am thingy doesn't bother me at all. I just have to get up at 6:30 and that's just a few times. but fact is, that you your ability to concentrate sinks DRASTICALLY when not eating and drinking throughout the day.