Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

losing friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had the same group of friends from secondary school into sixth form, but lately, well the past few months, it feels as if they're all just slipping away from me.

All but one of them have dropped out of college, and don't really stay in much contact. I know they meet up without me fairly often, and I find myself running out of things to talk about with them. When we're all together they talk about things they've done, which they havn't told me about. Like when they last all went out or the last party they went to.

I know I'm slowly getting pushed out, but I don't know what to do. The more I get pushed out, the more I think fuck them, I don't want to be friends with them anyway. But I'm not exactly a very outgoing person generally, so it kinda leaves me with no one :(

Just feeling a bit down, and don't really know what to do

Comments

• Options
    It's happened to me before.
    I just had to get n with it and make new friends. Now I've got the best bunch of friends ever.
  • Options
    I don't think they'd be deliberatley pushing you out, but I think maybe you need to make the extra effort with them too if you don't already. Like texting them asking them when they want to go out or whatever.

Saying that, it happens to everyone, I'm not in actual contact with anyone from my village that I went to school with now. People move on and stuff, maybe it'll give you the push to make friends at college or that?
  • Options
    well you don't really want to be around people that are going to bring you down, so if you're not just being paranoid then maybe it's time to find some new friends. focus on where you want to be in life, bit harsh maybe but do you want to be hanging around with a bunch of college dropouts........? obviously their interests in life are different and you will inevitably drift apart, it's happened to me throughout life and it's never easy, I'm finding out now as 99% of my mates are stoners and it's just not really me anymore, so am making new friends and focusing on the ones who I still relate to on other levels........good luck.