Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help..... Pill problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been on Loestrin 20 for a couple of months but lost my pack so a mate gave me one of her Microgynon 30 for a day before I got a new pack of Loestrin. I have since slept with my boyfreind but am I protected?! Please help. Thanks. KC

Comments

• Options
    with all due respect, dont u think you should have asked that question BEFORE u slept with him? bit late askin now....

anyhow, i have recently swapped pills from microgynon to cerazette and was told that i should use extra contraception for 7 days after the exchange although the chances of getting pregnant were slim

i dont know how ur pill works, is there a 7 day break?
  • Options
    Yeah I know it was dumb but to be honest I didn't think it wld make much differnece but then a mate said it might not work. Yeah I have a seven day break in between each cycle.
  • Options
    I'd suggest calling your obgyn or their nurse and discussing your situation. They can offer you the best suggestions and choices from here on out. Here, at least, you can just give the nurse a call, tell her the situation, and usually within the hour she'd of talked to the doctor and gotten back to you with the information. The taking somebody elses pill in the first place seems very dodgy. And if you took her pills, what did she take? :confused:
  • Options
    Yeah I've already admitted it being a dumb idea!! lol. It was just the one pill to replace mine for a day till I could get some more. Thanks anyways.
  • Options
    Your best bet is to count taking that one pill of hers, as not taking anything at all. So if it was the last one of the 21 and you then had a 7 day break (or 6+1 of her pills) then you're fine. If not then you need to read what your packet (or the fpa website) says to do if you miss a pill.
  • Options
    If not then you need to read what your packet (or the fpa website) says to do if you miss a pill.
    take the missed pill straight away and use extra contraception, but i dont think she did........