Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Strangest Thing.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right what basically happened was last night I was reading the forum and so on, and i had just finished reading a thread and was turning off my computer to go and watch the Steven Fry thing that was on and it was so weird, this wave of sadness and what can only be discribed as depression hit me. Anyway I watched the programme, and good it was to, and I saw some of myself in some of those people. Well by the end it was like it had gotten worse, although not as bad as it has been before, although it was fairly bad ie stomach aches and felling cold and general unhappyness. I went to bed and actually wept for about half an hour at the stupidness of it all.

Anyway what surprised me the most was the speed with which it came on, it took a little over an hour to go from my normal state to being fairly well depressed,and this morning im perfectly fine again. Although that parts nothing new.

Anyone else had this happen or am I just being odd.

Comments

• Options
    Nope, you're not odd. Occasionally I'd get hit real quick by depressive feelings and after a good night's sleep it was all over.

Once it happened just after arriving at a fancy ball. I ended up ditching my friends and running home. They called and called but I just couldn't pick up the phone, I knew I wouldn't be able to speak to them. Then the day after I felt fine again, still a bit low though because of how I treated my friends but it was all sorted by the end of the day and I was back to feeling fine again.

I consider myself to have recovered, but occasionally these feelings pop up seemingly out of nowhere. I think it's quite normal and the most important thing is not to dwell on it.
  • Options
    fire fly i get this a few times a week when i am worried about doing things , i also get like a werid feeling in my sotmach when i get this as well , i dont know what it is and y i get it , but i have got it for a while,,

try 2 think about postitive things when u get this, thats what i try to do,,

hope this has made u feel better :)
  • Options
    Hmm weird i had this last night but i was watching friends not anything deep lol! Had a great day, went shopping with my mam, started to feel a bit down cos my mouth is swollen up with ulcers and suddenly out of nowhere felt absolutley crushed by sadness. I cried hysterically for about half an hour then had some tea, watched clueless and went to bed quite happy. Weird
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    I think these 'waves' are quite common. TheSite has some more information on depression if you're interested in taking a browse.

I thought the Stephen Fry documentary (next part is next Tues, yes) was excellent, too. The BBC website has some more information on manic depression on its page about the programme. Take care.