Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Toilet question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On saturday i thought i had cystitis, even though ive not had it before. But now im not so sure, because i dont need to go that much more often, and the stinging sensations comes afterwards followed by a very small amount of bright red blood.

That sound like cystitis??

Comments

• Options
    IIRC blood doesn't go with cysitis, and they say the first time you should see a doctor anyway. Be prepared to do a urine sample when you go.
  • Options
    Any sign of blood i would be straight to the doc.
  • Options
    bugger.

hmm only other thing i can think is that it might be caused by sex??
    Iv only been with my boyfriend for 2 months and, it doesnt hurt, but sometimes certain positions are a little uncomfortable. Is it possible that sort of thing could cause any problems?
    But then surely i would bleed at any time and not just after having a wee?
  • Options
    Wheres the blood coming from? As that would tell you if its from peeing or something else.
    Either way, i think you should go see a doctor.
  • Options
    think its from peeing, but its strange coz its not actually in it, its just afterwards.
    thanks. ill try get an appointment
  • Options
    hm, i had something similar a few months ago. It stung to pee but i wasn't going more often. I didn't have the blood. But mine came 2 weeks after i first had sex. If it was related or not i don't know. But if theres blood then get checked.
  • Options
    cystitis is an bacterial infection most commonly from having unprotected anal sex then unprotected vaginal sex. Have you done that?
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    cystitis is an bacterial infection most commonly from having unprotected anal sex then unprotected vaginal sex. Have you done that?

most commonly? are you sure about that?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    niteryder wrote:
    erm no hun, its not, there is a possibilty you could get it from there, but its not most commonly!
    It can be many things, excess cleaning yourself with perfumed products, or on the other hand I had it and worked out it was having lots of sex ;)
    It can even be when you need a wee, but 'hold on' instead.
    But sikorah, I dont think it is cystitis so id pop to the doctors and get it checked.
    I did go through a phase though of bleeding after sex, so it could just be that, but go to the drs anyway.
  • Options
    You can get bleeding with cystitus but with any blood in urine you need to get checked out by a doctor as it can have any number of causes.

Hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    source?
  • Options
    thanks everyone.

Its certainly nothing to do with anal sex, whether that info is true or not.

ill go docs tomorrow i think.
  • Options
    Just for anyones future reference it is a urinary tract infection.
  • Options
    Similar symptons but not quite the same then.

Hope it clears up soon.