Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Looking Less Manky

Is there anything simple that can be done to look a bit less manky on a daily basis? I always feel that even when I make an effort I look like a total skank. My skin is crappy and spotty at the moment despite me drinking lots of water/eating fruit and veg/cleansing regime. Clothes wise I always try and make an effort even if I'm only going to uni/work. I look like I'm in drag if I wear makeup. I had one of those makeup thingies done at a counter, and I felt like a painted doll with a face I couldn't touch in case I smeared it even though it was a natural look. Hair is drab and crappy, but I'm getting it cut tomorrow, and am considering dying over my blonde underneath section because although it looked shit-hot funky when it was cerise pink, now I just look odd with half and half hair (dark brown and blonde).

I'm not opposed to having to pay a bit for it, but when I say a bit I mean it in a athough I have money I also have to insure the new car when I get it way.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are lots of things that can change how you look, but aren't earth shatteringly difficult, time consuming or expensive.
    Having nicely manicured hands, nicely shaped eyebrows, white teeth, non chapped lips, manicured feet and freshly washed and styled hair all add up to a pretty drastic makeover. It's often the little things that people notice.

On the skin issue, I think it's literally keep doing what you're doing - oh and exfoliate every other day and moisturise twice a day.
    A bit of foundation, concealer, powder and blusher is enough to make yourself look young fresh. A load of mascara and a rosy pink blush on the apples of the cheeks instantly makes you look fresh and groomed, but in a natural non-overdone way.
  • Options
    What ever you do - remember less is more - all you need is a lick of mascara brush of blusher (none obvious) and some vaseline on your lips, and will look instantly better. For hairstyle to be done on the bus - french braid - classy but not too much work
  • Options
    Having nicely manicured hands, nicely shaped eyebrows, white teeth, non chapped lips, manicured feet and freshly washed and styled hair all add up to a pretty drastic makeover. It's often the little things that people notice

:yes: very true - those little things like nice eyebrows, white teeth etc really do help. When i have bad patches on my skin i use a little concealer to cover up the spot - use this on your worst areas. (i use a stick it covers it nicely) and then i use a liquid foundation if my skin is a wierd colour or just looks a bit crap that day all over my face. Then a small amount of eye makeup can really make your eyes brighter - a VERY small amount of white eyeshadow i the corners of your eyes can open them out, and some mascara can make your eyelashes look longer and blacker, so people notice them. You dont need to overdo it. nice and simple small things can really make the difference :)