Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Senior officer in Menezes farce promoted

Since the Metropolitan Police, under the "leadership" of the dreadfully incompetent Sir Ian Blair, shot an innocent man on July 21st last year, there has been controversy. The men who shot him have been allowed to keep their jobs. Not a single person was disciplined or sacked as a result of this incompetence. Now we hear of this from Aunty BBC:

"One of the senior officers in charge on the day Jean Charles de Menezes was shot dead by police is to be promoted. Commander Cressida Dick is to become a deputy assistant commissioner, the Metropolitan Police Authority (MPA) announced on Tuesday. Mr Menezes was shot seven times at Stockwell Underground station. The family of the Brazilian man said they were 'absolutely disgusted and outraged at what is just one more slap in the face'." >> click here for more >>

Does the Met really think we're this stupid? Do they really think that we've forgotten about their mistake already? Do they think we've since forgiven Sir Ian Blair, when he should have long ago resigned, like his namesake in Number 10? :banghead:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    None of them, I just don't think that they really care.

I'd be interested to know precisely what role he played in the murder.