Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Incorrect wages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My employers have paid me this month as if I worked in a different job which pays about a pound extra per hour. If I make them aware of this:

1. Am I entitled to keep the money as it was their error not mine?
2. Do I risk have my wages in coming months docked despite doing nothing wrong in order to balance it out?

The same happened last month, and I let my greediness get the better of me but I'm too much of a moralistic wanker to not point it out if they are going to keep doing it.

Comments

• Options
    I'd guess if you've got a contract to say you get paid X amount to do X type of a job, then the same would apply to the employer as would apply to you if you'd been underpaid.

Or in other words, I'd imagine if and when they notice then they'll have a right to claim it back.
  • Options
    I had this in my previous job, kinda. They paid me my wages, plus an extra 3 grand for someone completely different (must have been pretty high up for that amount) I was tempted to keep it but I didnt, at the end of the day its not my money so I told them about it and they took it out of my account.
  • Options
    You must give it back. I'm afraid.
  • Options
    You will only end up paying it back, So might aswell do it now.