Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Daydreaming/memory loss?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, you know how sometiems when you're in a total daydream, as in you're away with the fairies for a bit, staring into space etc?

Well I'm basically getting this more and more now, it's probably got a bit worse the last month or two. It's like I'll stand waiting to cross the road, but the green man will come and go and I'll be off in the clouds and end standing there for five minutes like a total tube.

Or I was waiting for my pal the other day to go for lunch, she went to the toilet and told me to wait there for her, and I go off and wait outside, totally not taking in what she'd said and she'd be like "Why didn't you wait for me?" and I wouldn't have remembered her saying that at all, even though I was there when she said it?

Little things like people saying something for me, and me just not being on the same planet. Seems to happen like pretty much every day now, and I am aware of it, but it still happens more and more.

I'm not sure if it's just me being silly or whatever, but it is getting worse. Is it really worth bothering the doctor with?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,677 Skive's The Limit
    I've had this for years, though not as often as you seem to describe. I don't think there's anything physical connected to it, thoughts just drift...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you take any drugs?
    When your friend was actually talking to you (telling you to wait for her) were you listening? I only ask because it could just be that you weren't listening and not memory loss? I have this as well.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,677 Skive's The Limit
    Sofie wrote:
    When your friend was actually talking to you (telling you to wait for her) were you listening? I only ask because it could just be that you weren't listening and not memory loss? I have this as well.
    :yes: He probably just was thinking about something else and didn't pay attention. It happens to me too, but I usually have enough presence of mind to realise that someone spoke and ask them to repeat.
    Or do you have alot on your mind? I get like that alot when worried or anxious.
    Tweety wrote:
    Do you take any drugs?

I thought this too, but I had half an E about three weeks ago at a party (first time), but I fell asleep straight away and everything seemed fine the day after.

I drink at the weekends and have the odd one during the week sometimes, but sometimes it happens when I've not had a drink for a week.
    Sofie wrote:

Yeah, I even said to her that I'd wait and open the door for her (we haven't got our swipe cards yet) and the next thing I know I'm wandering off outside the building :eek2:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I thought this too, but I had half an E about three weeks ago at a party (first time), but I fell asleep straight away and everything seemed fine the day after.

I drink at the weekends and have the odd one during the week sometimes, but sometimes it happens when I've not had a drink for a week.
    I was thinking of maybe longer term affects of drugs. Could be, but might not.
    I love day dreaming, especially in school. :)

But mine was caused by being too tired. The memory loss could be contributed to lack of sleep aswell. Your brain isnt as fired up & feeling alert due to your tired.

I would speak to your DR if your worried, or that could be another cause, worring.