Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So sad :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My brother is having an angst crisis. He came home to my parents this morning dissolving in tears. It just breaks my heart to see him suffer. I love him so much :heart: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Aww *hugs* I'd be upset if I saw my brother like that too, no matter how much we argue.

Just support him the best you can darling.
  • Options
    I would be heart broken if i saw my brother like that. If you dont mind me asking but why was he crying?
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I don't mind you asking, but thruth be told I don't really know about it myself. He has suffered in the past of these kind of angst crisis, but he always said they just came to him, he really didn't know why. He's been on antidepressants since he was about 17, plus had a lot of psychotherapy, and he had done much better the past 5 years or so (he's 28 now). But this crisis was set off probably because in 10 days time he's moving to London to study an MPA. That means leaving all his friends, family and social netwroks he has here... It's a huge change and it's at least for two years (might be 5 if he stays for the PhD), so I guess this huge change in his life that's approaching just freaked him out. But he's a really introverted person, and he likes his intimacy to be respected, so I'm afraid of asking too much. I've just been by his side for a while holding his hand and talking about some things but really not getting into the subject.. and then just fell into a long silence. I keep thinking maybe it's worst not to ask him out directly what's wrong, I don't know... Gah, all my psychology falls to pieces when it's about my close relatives. I never know what to do. :(
  • Options
    :( that must be really difficult for you :(
  • Options
    Ahh im sorry to hear that :( hope your ok.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm quite sad actually, I'm worried about him. I'm at work right now but finding it really hard to concentrate. I think I'll leave early today...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that, I hope he's better soon... :(