Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Payment methods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Guys

do you lot trust/life paypal as a payment method. Would it put you of using a website if they used paypal.

Comments

• Options
    I don't really like Paypal but if your running a business, you should definitely give customers the option to pay via credit card, it really is a must!

Instead of fooking around with payment gateways/merchents, go to www.nochex.com and sign up for their merchant plan which allows you to take credit card payments from all around the world. Their API is customizable so you can make it look how you want, your customers won't even know their using nochex if you don't want them to.

It's a lot better than Paypal's c/c processing gateway as Nochex only costs 50 quid to setup which is a one off fee, they also offer chargeback protection and they only take 2.9% plus 20 pence for each transaction you receive.

I've used Nochex loads of time, more prefer them to Paypal.
  • Options
    Like Makoto said, if you're running a business you really should accept credit cards. It look professional. However, I personally appreciate it if a business accepts Paypal too - I try to avoid using my credit card as much as possible, paying with Paypal means I can pay directly from my bank account using my Solo card. (Yeah, many UK websites take Solo, but a lot don't. And I've never come across an overseas site yet that takes Solo/Meastro.)
  • Options
    Let's put it this way - paypal is better than nothing. If the alternative is going to be "contact me and send a cheque" then use paypal.
  • Options
    I quite like the idea of paying via PayPal when buying from small or relatively unknown site online. I bought some prints from photobox.co.uk recently, I wasn't so sure about giving my card details at first but they take payment via PayPal too. That gave me much more confidence to buy. I am very wary of using unfamilar sites, there are unscupulous people who set up fake sites just to collect credit card numbers, etc.

I understand that using PayPal makes the payment process appear strange for people, well, being redirected to another site to enter your card details. Could prove confusing for some people, thinking their buying from site x.co.uk but entering their details on site y.co.uk.
  • Options
    I do not trust Paypal. Good bit of advertising for your site btw ;)