Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

bloddy police

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i got got lifted and accompanied home ( again ) by 3 police officers for walking to my friends house to goto the 24hr garage. The first cop was a traffic cop, as i left my area he drove past and i followed his gaze, he stops up the street and turns round, asks who i am and my age. i answer his questions and ask what ive done wrong, he says that im 15 and not aloud to walk a few 100m to my friends house at 1am. he asks if my parents know where i am and what they work as, i answer again and then he accompanies me back to my street. where an un marked car pulls in with 2 uniformed in it. they ask more questions and then accompany me back to the top of my street, one of the car officers ask if im carrying anything i shouldnt such as knives or contraband. i say 'jsut my phone a ciggerette and a lighter' they say ask if im carrying drugs and threaten to search me infront of my mum. i reply 'no' they follow me down to my home and enter my kitchen. i wake up my mum (1:30am) i explain the situation and she confirms who i am with the officers, they leave, and i get grounded.

i fell somehow they've picked on me because of my age. As soon as i mentioned i was 15 he immediatly called for 2 more officers and started threatening me, is there anything i can do about this? im pretty fucking angry with them as i dont think its reasonable grounds to do anything about. He only stopped because i looked at him. Also can they jsut enter my house like that?
«1

Comments

  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    They can't enter your house unless you let them without a wrrant I believe. Best not to put up a fight or they'll get suspicious though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jsut read this here
    Scenario two: A police officer stops you in the street

    Your rights:

    * You are entitled to know:
    * The officer's name
    * The police station where they work
    * Why the officer has stopped you (your appearance is not a good reason).

    he stopped me becase i looked at him and he throught i looked out of palce. thats clearly appearence based. tell me i get to file a compalint :( im so angry right now. i could jsut do something stupid
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should have asked him why you had been stopped. After they had explained why and carried out whatever (a search maybe) you could have asked if you were under arrest, what for, and if you were free to go.

    Traffic cops are fucking dickheads anyway. Every copper/community support officer/anyone i've spoken to agrees.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doofay wrote:
    You should have asked him why you had been stopped. After they had explained why and carried out whatever (a search maybe) you could have asked if you were under arrest, what for, and if you were free to go.

    Traffic cops are fucking dickheads anyway. Every copper/community support officer/anyone i've spoken to agrees.

    I did i demanded for why i had been stopped and what i had done wrong. i was told that i was 'a minor' and 'out on the streets' i did ask if i could continue walked to my friends house but he had requested support and started asking me to return home.

    I dont remember our totilatarian society having a curfew.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    softworld wrote:
    i got got lifted and accompanied home ( again ) by 3 police officers for walking to my friends house to goto the 24hr garage. The first cop was a traffic cop, as i left my area he drove past and i followed his gaze, he stops up the street and turns round, asks who i am and my age. i answer his questions and ask what ive done wrong, he says that im 15 and not aloud to walk a few 100m to my friends house at 1am. he asks if my parents know where i am and what they work as, i answer again and then he accompanies me back to my street. where an un marked car pulls in with 2 uniformed in it. they ask more questions and then accompany me back to the top of my street, one of the car officers ask if im carrying anything i shouldnt such as knives or contraband. i say 'jsut my phone a ciggerette and a lighter' they say ask if im carrying drugs and threaten to search me infront of my mum. i reply 'no' they follow me down to my home and enter my kitchen. i wake up my mum (1:30am) i explain the situation and she confirms who i am with the officers, they leave, and i get grounded.

    i fell somehow they've picked on me because of my age. As soon as i mentioned i was 15 he immediatly called for 2 more officers and started threatening me, is there anything i can do about this? im pretty fucking angry with them as i dont think its reasonable grounds to do anything about. He only stopped because i looked at him. Also can they jsut enter my house like that?

    Good 'ol beat cops, keep'n the city safe from cigarete toteing, friends house visiting 15 year olds.

    You sir are a threat to society, and it's a damn good thing they caught you before you did something dangerous.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are curfews in some areas but I thought they were supposed to used as a tool for police to move on disruptive kids rather than a 15 year old walking a friend home. It's not right, and I would write a letter of complaint to the head of your local police department, and ask for a reply from him personally. Might work :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    softworld wrote:
    i

    i fell somehow they've picked on me because of my age.

    It's more than likely because they're looking out for you and don't want you to get kidnapped or something?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't thnk you should brand ALL police officers etc the same. They aren't.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't thnk you should brand ALL police officers etc the same. They aren't.

    No they really aren't. I've experienced some LOVELY police officers in my time, really looking out for your best interests, doing their job properly....


    And then I've had some wankers. When we were in a car crash, someone phoned the police and two cars came out. The men in them

    a) refused to let us call an ambulance (luckily someone else did after driving past)
    b) wouldn't help us, or provide us with in ofrmation on how to remove the car (which was obstructing the road) out of the ditch it was semi-lodged in
    c) allowed a passer by with a Land Rover to pull it out of the ditch, despite us not knowing if there was any serious damage (which there was I believe)
    d) allowed the driver to DRIVE IT BACK TO WHERE WE'D COME FROM, minus a door, half a windscreen (ETA: it was also missing the rear windscreen and the rear driver side window, but obviously these were lesser problems) and with HIS side and the front of the car crumpled in, back and front.

    I'm inclined to believe these were a prime example of bastards though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nikki - you're joking, right?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    It's more than likely because they're looking out for you and don't want you to get kidnapped or something?

    Were i live is one of the safest places in down, the scum cant afford to live there so i was hardly going to get kidnapped and the scum that do inhabit the town, time of day isnt gonig to change if they'll harass me or not. Infact, everytime ive gone to town at late late night theres never anyone around.
    There are curfews in some areas but I thought they were supposed to used as a tool for police to move on disruptive kids rather than a 15 year old walking a friend home. It's not right, and I would write a letter of complaint to the head of your local police department, and ask for a reply from him personally. Might work

    I sent a complaint form to the police ombudsmun, because of how they were jsut rude, the most i'll get is an apology. which is fine for me because i was seriously angry at the fact they thought it would take 3 officers to get me home.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    It's more than likely because they're looking out for you and don't want you to get kidnapped or something?

    :lol:

    The first cop sounds like an utter cunt, but to be honest - and this goes against everything I'd usually say - it's probably not worth filing a complaint.

    I filed one for what I considered to be serious misconduct by a police officer and they did sweet fuck all about it, as of course, they look after their own. You could go through the IPCC but it's probably not worth the time and frustration, since, as when I lodged my complaint with them they responded once to say they'd received it and then I never heard back... this was two years ago.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mum would have wanted me in by 11pm at 15 tbh.

    Police are often bastards. why did you stare at him up the road? He probably thought you looked dodgy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mum would have wanted me in by 11pm at 15 tbh.

    Police are often bastards. why did you stare at him up the road? He probably thought you looked dodgy.

    because he looked at me and we jsut caught eyes. REgardless of what time i was meant to be in he still had no reason to stop me. and even if he stopped me for looknig dodgy, like i said above, they cant do it based on appearence.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I definitely see your point. But then at 15 I was staying out until all hours, I think it's pretty out of order for the police to start trying to enforce curfews on individuals if the parents haven't done so themselves and there is no general curfew in place (not that I agree with that, but it's a whole other issue). Obviously if trouble is being caused then it's another issue but even so it's not the curfew that's the issue there but twattish behaviour. It's not wise to stare police officers down, but it's perfectly legal as far as I'm aware!

    The police have only attempted to take me home once; I ran away and hid in a bush :hyper:

    Them were the days... :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah it was the eye contact thing mate, i think nearly everytime i've done it i've been stopped as well, it's not illegal but the police must think you have a guilty conscience or some shit, so now i just avoid catching their glare, some of them fuckers think they're really special cos they have a uniform so i just steer clear.......
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    probably just had some power crazy one who was bored and wouldnt have even noticed you if you hadnt made eye contact.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    damn :(

    i always stare people down as it helps me think what they're thinknig of me, this time i got owned
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've met with some damn fine cops. One of my best friends older brother is a cop, if I had a problem he'd be the guy I'd call. Policeing is a one of those thankless jobs that we're all grateful somebody does, especialy when they do it well.

    But as far as I can tell, John Law's like my friends brother are an exception to the rule. Been my general experience that a lot of cops are out to screw you over rather than resolve any problems.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my experience, any job that gives any sort of automatic authority over the general public, seems to attract a greater portion of dickheads than jobs that don't. See also traffic wardens, clampers, bouncers and politicians. That doesn't mean they're all like that, just a greater percentage of them than the regular public.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just dont even look at the scummy cunts

    he woulda got laughed at if he pulled up at me in my area and tried to take me home

    in sayin that i havent saw a traffic cop/car here in my entire life :chin:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Most gavers are cunts. Fact of life.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Most gavers are cunts. Fact of life.
    And ain't that the truth.

    Don't bother filing a complaint, all it does is make sure you get harrassed every time you leave your front door. They all look after each other, spunking away our money, and there ain't a right lot you can do about it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    And ain't that the truth.

    Don't bother filing a complaint, all it does is make sure you get harrassed every time you leave your front door. They all look after each other, spunking away our money, and there ain't a right lot you can do about it.
    well yeah, probably half of them are freemasons too, so they`ll all look after each other first and foremost for that :|
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's the same with the doctors, you aren't going to grass up someone you work with and drink with unless they've done something pretty major. And when the coppers responsible for 96 deaths at Hillsborough get away with, it goes to show just how major "major" really is.

    Just look at every major police inquiry- how many rozzers get jailed for what they do wrong? Not many.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't make them bad people, but nobody dobs on their mates. That's life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mum rang the station and turns out i managed to walk right into an operation and as i had no ID they thought i was an oppertunistic burgaler. Ah well.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Nikki - you're joking, right?

    Why would I be joking?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    how many rozzers get jailed for what they do wrong? Not many.

    And as if by magic....

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/5284962.stm
Sign In or Register to comment.