Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nose cauterisation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yeah just had it done didnt hurt one bit till the anaesthetic worn off, now it kinda hurts so topped up on the paracetamol and having a whale on a time!
just thought i'd let you all know and if you have lots of nosebleeds and i have hure adanoids (huge things in ur nose)
cool

Comments

• Options
    I had my nose cauterised when i had my tonsils out when i was 9. Before that i had at least 3 or 4 nose bleeds a week. Ive not had one nosebleed since i was 9, best thing i had done :thumb:
  • Options
    Had my adanoids out when I was about 4. Had my nose cauterised twice since then, and I'm going back to get it done again on Wednesday. Should be fun.
  • Options
    I thought you only had to have it done the once, maybe i was wrong :confused:

Its probably effective on some but not on others
  • Options
    I've always wanted to get my nose cauterised, as I bleed very frequently, especially during spring, as I'm allergic to polen and therefore much prone to sneezing and generally rubbing my nose. So, does it hurt? Is there a downside to it?
  • Options
    Bluewisdom - I did a thread asking what you just have, a while back. Someone said that they give you some numbing stuff so that you can't feel anything whilst they sort your nose out.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Bluewisdom - I did a thread asking what you just have, a while back. Someone said that they give you some numbing stuff so that you can't feel anything whilst they sort your nose out.
    Thanks!