Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having my sinuses drained.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had loads of problems with recurrent sinusitis in the past year and the doctor finally sent me off to a consultation which was yesterday. As it turns out they're fucked so I will be having them drained. I've gotta go for a CT scan of my face first, but just wondered if anyone had any experiences with having this done? I've heard its really painful:(

Comments

• Options
    CT scan is a doddle, you just lie there, nice and still and they do everything for you.

Once they have the CT scan they will then decide precisely what they are going to do to your poor little sinuses. It will sound horrendous (well certainly what they explained they were going to do to mine did), but then they knock you out and it doesn't really matter until you wake up. After having mine done I had a fairly sore face, but only like when I had sinusitis, well maybe more like a cross between that and being thumped but it wore off very quickly and was gone within a week.

Any further questions PM me, been there and done it.
  • Options
    ive got sinusitis at the moment, and all this is making me scaredyfraid:nervous:
  • Options
    Ah cheers! Not so worried about the CT scan and if the pain is like sinusitis I think I can manage. I researched a little bit about the procedures and they do sound a bit horrific. But I shall be asleep and unaware :D

G-Unit. You'll be fine, I call man flu :p
  • Options
    oh thank you! I hadnt seem most of them :)
  • Options
    Mr G, you've got to go a fair way with sinusitis before they do anything about it, I wouldn't fret yet.

They sound truly nasty things and they probably are but as you'll never know afterwards what they did it doesn't really matter. They are obliged to tell you because of the requirement for you to give 'informed consent', sometimes I wish they didn't!
  • Options
    yeh before i've had operations on my ears i always get 'you could die/you could be paralysed/you could lose your hearing' etc. but they just need something to fall back on should you actually die. ;)

it might be painful but it'll be worth it in the end.