Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Exchanging goods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just want to check on exactly what a consumers right's would be regarding the following.

I bought a pair of trainers [from my work] on thursday evening. I've literally only worn them 3 times because although they are my size they feel like they're squeezing my feet right down to the toes meaning i've been unable to wear them more than that.

Having taken them back to the shop today and speaking with my assistant manager he's was a bit arsy with me about it and wouldnt give me an exchange [which is what i wanted btw - we " don't do refunds "]. I only want a bigger size.

I'm just curious. What would be the right line to follow here. The shoes are unwearable due to the amount of pressure they are putting on my feet along the top right down to the toes [more than i would expect for new trainers just to point out]. I've got my receipt and the trainers are pretty much almost brand new, gicing for the 3 day's i was able to wear them.

The funny thing is regular customers come in week in week out and say the same thing and get their trainers changed but they're being pissy with me and i fucking work for them !

[Just to note : I've to wait till he speaks with the boss tomorrow and see what she says about it, yes / no essentially]

I dont see why i shouldnt be allowed to exchange them when folk come in quite often doing the very same thing and being allowed to exchange their trainers when in the same situation.

They arent fit for the purpose surely ?

Typical :yeees:

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya, this is a tough one as it sounds like your boss is being a pain in the butt about this situation. Legally though, he may be in his rights - it's quite difficult to know for sure, but having read our article on consumer rights (assuming you tried them on first) it could be argued that you've simply changed your mind about their suitability for you and no longer want them. However, you could argue that they have a defect, which is that they are supposed to be comfortable and they're not. Generally though, it sounds like it's your boss attitude which seems to be the issue here and it sounds like his good will supply is running very low!

Perhaps you could try talking to him again calmly, explaining just how uncomfortable they are and that you can't wear them or afford to get new ones. If they are in really good nick as you say, push the point that he can still re-sell them. Try and get him to explain why he won't give yuo a refund.

I hope you manage to work something out - take care.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    give the receipt to a friend and get them to come in and change the shoes:)