Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Driving Test

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal16 wrote:
    Anyway i failed nothing i can do about it except wait until next time!

That is true enough.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    That is true enough.

Definitely.

It's just frustrating having a car for a year and still not being able to drive it independently.
  • Options
    Better luck next time. I passed third time, about 3 weeks ago :D I failed my second test for the same thing as you. The time I passed I mounted the kerb out of the test centre (oops!) and didn't even get a minor for it when it should have been a major!
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    :lol: No one got hurt though right?

Haha, no. What happened was, there were parked cars all along my side of the road and as far as I could see, it was clear, so I pulled out and drove past. Then a car was coming towards me, they had right of way but I had nowhere to pull in. So I slowed down (at least, I think I did?) and the examiner slammed the brakes on and started shouting at me saying the other car didn't have enough room to pass me. Which was strange, cos as he was shouting it drove quite happily past me.

Then the same thing happened about a minute later, cos there was still nowhere to pull in.

Then I got another dangerous for almost pulling out when it was unsafe at a roundabout.

Good test, that one. The examiner was an absolute cock, though. I was terrified of driving over roundabouts for weeks, and I didn't dare take my test again for about three months afterwards.

If an examiner wants to fail you, they can. I don't think there's such a thing as a perfect test, they can always make a big deal out of something if they want to. One of my instructors other students failed for going through a green light.

You just have to keep trying and trying til you get a test where you're on a good day, the examiners on a good day, and it all works out ok. And when you pass, it is the best feeling knowing that it's over and done with.
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    One of my instructors other students failed for going through a green light.
    Er...how?
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    too bloody right! i dont know if its true, but i heard they had a quota to fill and could only pass a certain amount a month...anyone know?

Well someone i know is training to be a driving instructor and i asked him about this. He said it's not so much that they can only pass a certain amount, just that if they pass too many eyebrows will be raised and there performance as an examiner investigated :chin:
  • Options
    My girlfriend failed her test today. Apparantly her instructor said it was perfect but it was ruined by some jackass almost pulling out into her as she was about to turn into the test centre. So test failed. Fucking harsh. Some moron let that twat pass at some point too. Ah well shes coming here tomorrow so i get to cheer her up ;)
  • Options
    Well someone i know is training to be a driving instructor and i asked him about this. He said it's not so much that they can only pass a certain amount, just that if they pass too many eyebrows will be raised and there performance as an examiner investigated :chin:

But what if lots of driver are up to the standard to pass the test, it's hardly fair to fail them just so they don't get investigated do you not think?
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Er...how?

Driving at the speed limit coming up to traffic lights on green. Student carried on driving through, they didn't change to red.

She was in the wrong because she apparently didn't anticipate that the light may have changed before she got to it.

She argued that the examiner wasn't a mind reader, so how could he know what she did or didn't anticipate. He said she should've slowed down as she approched the traffic lights.

The next time she took her test, she gave a running commentary of everything she did, what she 'anticipated' etc. And passed.
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    Driving at the speed limit coming up to traffic lights on green. Student carried on driving through, they didn't change to red.

She was in the wrong because she apparently didn't anticipate that the light may have changed before she got to it.

She argued that the examiner wasn't a mind reader, so how could he know what she did or didn't anticipate. He said she should've slowed down as she approched the traffic lights.

The next time she took her test, she gave a running commentary of everything she did, what she 'anticipated' etc. And passed.

I argued that too, how did the examiner know that the car had to stop for me and that it didn't choose to stop for me (which i think it did), like you said he isn't a mind reader.

I think they just like to make people cry and they feel powerful for doing so or something weird.