Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cant go to uni what do i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi every1

I have a place at manchester uni, starting next month but due to different things happening in my life right now there is no way i can go.

Anyone know what i do about this?

Is there anyway i can defer my place or will i have to cancel and reapply all over again for next year? And if i were to cancel, will that effect my chances for when i reapply?

Any advice would be great !

Thanks xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Are you completely sure you can't go ahead with it? I'm not going to ask you to explain the circumstances, but are you sure that they mean this change? You can indeed cancel, and it should have no affect at all on when you re-apply next year. As far as I know, you can't defer at this stage, but you might want to give Manchester University a call to discuss that one.
  • Options
    I'd call the university, explain the situation and hear what they have to say.
    I think that once you've been accepted then it shouldn't be a problem for the university to defer your entry as long as your reasoning is valid.
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    I think you often can defer even quite late in the day, but Dear Wendy is right. The Uni will tell you.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    piccolo wrote:
    I think you often can defer even quite late in the day, but Dear Wendy is right. The Uni will tell you.
    :yes:

Unis expect that unforseen circumstances can stop a student beginning in Sept/Oct. The uni will advise you on what to do.

Good luck with it :)