Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Airconditioning at Home

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hate everyone that has Air Conditioning. gr.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:

I wear hoodies at home most times cuz the air is kept so cold :razz:
    Ok... nearly every day, and its really a :( face.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:

I went to visit this uni that has just spent millions on this brand new building - the building is like 3 months old and in every single office room there was a portable aircon unit with a nasty looking exhaust pipe coming out of the backof the unit, strung across a table, over the back of a computer and finally sticking out of the crack in the window ...

No one could believe they'd actually spend all that money on a brand new building and not have thought about putting aircon in as standard into the design of the building. Their windows only tilt open 2 inches so you can't even open the windows properly either to get in a bit of breeze!!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I wear hoodies at home most times cuz the air is kept so cold :razz:
    Ok... nearly every day, and its really a :( face.

My uncle's house in Canada was a bit like that

Really our modern house designs are pretty stupid when it comes to regulating tempretures - a couple of years ago I was on holiday in India and stayed in like a 100 year old house and the entire house was on one level and there was no ceiling i.e. if you looked up you saw the inside of the roof tiles and no matter how hot it was outside it was a nice naturally cool tempreture inside. No aircon needed.

Where as in my uncle's house his place was on 3 different levels and the higher up you went the hotter and hotter it got, but good things was there was spares bedrooms on every level - so each night I slept in a different room according to how hot it was .. :D
  • Options
    OMG I so wanted to shake this Cafe Owner on Sunday.

His cafe was baking hot, even though it had 3 portable Air Con units blasting cold air into the room.

Then I looked at all 3 units and saw not one of them had a pipe leading from the exhaust to a vent or window, so he's blowing cold air out the front and even hotter air out of the back and making the room hotter then it would have been without the aircon and wasting god knows how much electricty as well!!
  • Options
    OMG I so wanted to shake this Cafe Owner on Sunday.

His cafe was baking hot, even though it had 3 portable Air Con units blasting cold air into the room.

Then I looked at all 3 units and saw not one of them had a pipe leading from the exhaust to a vent or window, so he's blowing cold air out the front and even hotter air out of the back and making the room hotter then it would have been without the aircon and wasting god knows how much electricty as well!!

what a twit