Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Brighton Uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Alright people, i was just wondering, i am looking at universities for next year and wondered if anyone hear goes to Brighton University, or if anyone knows if its good or anything?

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    hmeista wrote:
    Alright people, i was just wondering, i am looking at universities for next year and wondered if anyone hear goes to Brighton University, or if anyone knows if its good or anything?

thanks

I've just graduated from the Univiersity of Brighton this year. Brighton as a place is absolutely amazing, i doubt there are many places in the UK that can rival it for character. The university, however, is very hit and miss. Some courses, arts orientated ones for example, are some of the best in the country while the computing ones are often terrible. The university of Sussex is also based in Brighton and might be worth you looking at.
  • Options
    I go to Sussex, and its amazing.

O Being able to go to the beach anytime to relax.
    O So many green open places to chill on
    O So many cool people

Its worth a day visit just to check out the campus, which is set in an amazing green landscape. The teaching environment is really good.
  • Options
    hmeista wrote:

thanks

I think they share their campus with sussex?

Been to Sussex uni to visit cousin it's massive!!
  • Options
    o rite, brilliant, thanks peeps. i wana do Business and Marketing/Business and Finance, aint decided yet. Any one know what this the teaching is like in this course?
  • Options
    Sussex and Brighton have seperate campus but some of the medical courses are taught jointly. Sussex is mainly the old style univertsity (classics, languages, humanities etc) while brighton is more vocational, business, arts, and medical. The business/finance school does have a good reputatuion though.