Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

will my periods come back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, ive been on the Pill injection (Depo-Perova) for 9 months, and ive recently stopped having it. ive taken 3 injections in total and im not sure when my periods will come back?

Comments

• Options
    oh yeah, i also never took breaks in between to have my period before taking it again
  • Options
    Injections take a while to clear the system roughly about 7-14 days (depending on ester length). When was your last shot?
  • Options
    i had my last one on april the 14th but it expired on july 14th. how long do you reckon my period would come back?
  • Options
    Sorry what do you mean expired? As in thats when it clears the system.

If so then a couple of weeks. Give it till the first of August then go to your GP.

I wouldnt worry to much it is quiet common. :)
  • Options
    ok cool

its an injection that is suppost to last 3 months. when thats over and you want to continue with it you go back to your doctor and get it again
  • Options
    Don't worry about it. No need to go to your doctor or anything. It can take well over a year for your periods to return to normal, and it could be a good few months before they return at all.
    So just enjoy not having periods!