Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Buffet Food

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    I hardly think that the price and variety of fast (tacky) food should be a measure of a countries cuisine.

Exactly.

The US does not have independent restaurants, it has chains. Chain food is rubbish.

I'm sure a Big Mac or a Pizza Hut in the US does taste a bit better (I certainly can't refute it) but that is exactly my point. The US culinary attitude is towards chains like Starbucks, Subway, Taco Bell- it isn't towards small, independent restaurants serving excellent food to order.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I hardly think that the price and variety of fast (tacky) food should be a measure of a countries cuisine.

It certainly wasn't always so, but now the range of food from different cultures in this country means that the food in this country is now some of the best in the world

I wasn't talking about fast food but specifically chains as accessability is a consideration too.

We have chains of Wetherspoons and value for money I think they beat most place I've been to anywhere in the world. I think Nandos is good too, although no where near as good value for meoney wise as when it first came to the country - back then the portions of chips, rice, etc where about 3 times more for the same price.

When I went to Barcelona the food was nice, but when we went to Benidorm most places were either English owned or Spanish owned but trying to do an English menu - was really poor food.

Best Buffet food though I've had were in India and Africa.
  • Options
    I dont mind buffets, they always remind me of weddings and family get togthers. Thnka god the wedding I'm going to next month is doing catering on a curry and chocloate foutain basis. :yippe:
  • Options
    Buffet food is lovely.

Cheese n pinapple on sticks and those cute little cocktail sausages. YUM-MEE.
  • Options
    See one other thing is these days people are so fussy in what they can and will not eat so I'd have thought buffet food would be the ideal solution

Last year we went to a Mongolian Buffet where you choose the raw ingredients and then hand it ot the chef who cooks it right infront of you - that was fun!!