Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ovulating

As some people may know me and my bf want to have a baby. I've been reading around and when I look into the days I'm most fertile/ovulating, I keep finding different things. Ovulation tests say about 9 days from the start of ur period, elsewhere say 12 days before ur period. Which is it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    roughly 14 days from the FIRST day of your last period, although its best to have sex daily for the few days coming up to ovulation.
    This is a good calculator. Just type in the 1st day of your last period, and it will work it all out for you.
    http://www.thelaboroflove.com/pregnancyplanner/index.html
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    every womans body is different, u can roughly work it out like SCC said, but you can't hinder the process by using the ovulation tests - there's loads of different ones and they are designed to tell you when. There was one i got from superdrug which was like a little torch/microscope that u put a blob of saliva on and when its dried you look through the microscope and the patterns can indicate where in your cycle you are.

its about £30 and u can use it for up to two years.