Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mega Drive Games

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Renzo wrote:
    Mario is a pussy to be honest. And fat.
    At least he had a film, even if it was shit.
  • Options
    I think, in terms of the history of consoles, the only thing to ever compete with the Mega Drive is the PS2 in terms of quality and games etc. The MegaDrive is/was completely awesome and some of the shit that you could coax out of an alleged 16-bit machine is quite amazing.
    Really, the PS2? I haven't rated this generation of consoles at all actually. In fact I've completely gone off computer games since the N64 days. Other than GTA3 and it's sequels, and Halo there's been nothing particularly brilliant. Nothing compared to the last generation with the Playstation and N64 having enough genuinely classic games between them to keep you going for ever. There's been a fair number of decent games, but nothing that's revolutionised a genre in the same way as Mario 64, Gran Turismo, Goldeneye, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7/8, Tekken or Zelda.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Let's face it, the SNES was far superior.

:yes:

Look no further than Mario Kart Battle mode and Bomberman with a multi tap.

Aprt from GTA and Halo - the games for these new consoles just don't have the playability they used to. To much effort goes into making games look nice.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :yes:

Look no further than Mario Kart Battle mode and Bomberman with a multi tap.

Aprt from GTA and Halo - the games for these new consoles just don't have the playability they used to. To much effort goes into making games look nice.

Thats true actually...

Although I cant work out if games used to be more fun than they are now days... or weather im just growing out of them so dont really play them anymore!
    I only really play them with mates now, just fun simple games you can have a few beers to and fuck about with!

Kung Fu Kaos on the Xbox is a wicked example of that! So much fun to play pissed up with your mates!
  • Options
    There was an awful lot of crap released on the Megadrive. Such hounds as Rolling Thunder, Skitchin, Space Harrier, Strider 2......

As for this generation, you've got Psychonauts, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Unreal Championship 2, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4, God of War, Guitar Hero, Prince of Persia..........
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Resident Evil 4

As I said, I hardly ever play games now days.... but I thought Resident Evil 4 was wicked...
    It dosent hold a candle to Resident Evil 1 Remake though.
  • Options
    Ok, I grant you Mario Kart and Goldeneye (THE best multiplayer game for any console ever), I still think in terms of gameplay, the Mega Drive was brilliant and fat beyond anything bar the PS2.
  • Options
    good news people
    I finally got a copy of splatterhouse 2 off ebay for £3.50
    im so giddy.....